President's Diversity Steering Group
Racial Justice & Equity Initiatives
Please use the form below to input 1-4 recommendations for racial justice and equity initiatives at CCA.
If you have additional recommendations, feel free to submit additional forms.
- Racial Justice & Equity Initiatives Recommendation Form
- Submitted Recommendations (as of 4 August 2020)
The President’s Diversity Steering Group (PDSG) is composed of key faculty, staff, and students who are advocates for human rights and social justice, and who work together to guide the college's fulfillment of its diversity, equity, and inclusion mission and goals.
This guidance is achieved through:
- Providing and prioritizing strategic and tactical recommendations in regards to diversifying our community, curriculum, and climate;
- Advising the president and other senior administrators on such matters;
- Measuring and communicating the progress the college has made on achieving its goals;
- Ensuring the college is accountable for its continued growth and development with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tina Takemoto, Dean of Humanities & Sciences Division / PDSG Co-chair
- George Luis Sedano, Vice President for Student Affairs / PDSG Co-chair
- Tammy Rae Carland, Provost
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Task Force Representatives:
- Julie Kirgis, Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Partnerships
- Maira Lazdins, Interim Associate Vice President of Human Resources
- Gesita Tafesse, Assistant Dean of Students for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement
- Alistair Bottorff, Student - Animation / Senior Fellow, CCA Student Council's Diversity and Inclusion Branch
- Mary Graham, Student - Painting & Drawing / Lead Facilitator, Students of Color Coalition
- Nanami Yokota, Student - Film / Coordinator, CCA Student Council
- David Asari, Graphic Design / Faculty of Color Research Alliance Co-chair
- Genevieve Hyacinthe, Visual Studies / Faculty of Color Research Alliance Co-chair
- Janeece Hayes, Associate Director of Student Life / Staff of Color Alliance Co-coordinator
All members of the CCA community are welcome to attend and participate in PDSG meetings as ad hoc members. To receive meeting reminders and gain access to meeting notes, please add your name to the PDSG mailing list (see below).
Fall 2020 Meeting Dates:
- October 7th
- November 13th
- PDSG mailing list members, please login to your CCA Google account; In Google drive search for PDSG Mtg Notes.
If you would like to be added to the mailing lists for the groups below in order to receive important updates and reminders please login to your CCA Google account and click on the links below:
PDSG Sponsorship Grants
Seeking funds to help support your DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) activity or event?
Please use the form below to request funding support from the PDSG for your event or special request. [Note: PDSG funds are primarily earmarked to support campus-wide DEI programming and initiatives .]
Feedback, questions, or suggestions regarding content on this page? Please email PDSG: email@example.com
Banner Photo: Black Lives Matter CCA Community Gathering by: Douglas Sandberg, February 2015
Sponsored by Faculty of Color Research Alliance | Organized by Kim Anno, Professor, Painting and Drawing