Call 9-1-1 if you are in imminent danger or are experiencing a medical emergency. Then call CCA Public Safety at 415.703.9510.
CCA's Cares program supports the community to engage students with the care and support needed during difficult and challenging personal and academic circumstances. Because of these circumstances, students may exhibit behaviors that can be seen as distressing, disruptive, disturbing, or dangerous.
CCA community members can provide the CCA Care Team with information regarding the student they are concerned about. The team will determine whether follow up is needed and how best support each student.
The CCA Care team is a multidisciplinary team committed to improving our community through a proactive, supportive, and collaborative approach to the prevention, intervention, and management of students exhibiting concerning behaviors.
We aim to identify the underlying causes of such potential harm so that preventative action may benefit the students and the college community alike.
By partnering with members of the community, the team strives to demonstrate care for all students' well-being and success, while prioritizing the safety of the CCA community.
Submit a Concern
Use the CCA Care Form to refer a student and provide necessary information.
Understanding the context for a referral is important to providing the best possible support and the most appropriate follow-up.
We, therefore, encourage the referral to identify oneself. However, we do offer the option for anonymous reporting.
The CCA Care team will maintain confidentiality to the extent allowable. In some cases, the individual making the referral may be contacted for additional information about the concerning behavior.
About the CCA Care Form
By completing this form, you are providing information CCA information about yourself or a student in need of support, or a concern you may have, which may include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- General wellness and student success support needs or concerns
- Threat of possible violence (to self or others/campus)
- Violation of campus policy
- Sexual or gender-based misconduct
- Unlawful harassment or discrimination
Submissions are reviewed during regular business hours and routed to the appropriate staff member or office/group including, but not limited to; the CCA Care team, Academic Advising, Academic Affairs, a student conduct officer, or a Title IX intake officer. Depending on the nature of this notification, the information may also serve as the basis for a behavior assessment, Title IX investigation, or the initiation of the student conduct process, or both. Once you submit the form, you'll receive a confirmation.
Reduce or eliminate behaviors that threaten the safety and well-being of the CCA community
Engage students with the care support needed during difficult and challenging personal and academic circumstances
Demonstrate care for the personal and academic success of all students
Promote, empower, and reinforce behaviors that support personal safety and the safety of the CCA community
Our Purpose Is to . . .
- Promote students' academic and personal success.
- Provide a structure for a preventative systematic response to concerning behaviors/situations.
- Support and advise individuals who experience concerning or potentially threatening behaviors.
- Educate and empower the campus community to care by recognizing, reporting, and effectively addressing students who exhibit distressing, disruptive, disturbing, dangerous, and concerning behaviors.
- Show care and support for the health and safety of students and the campus community.