President's Diversity Steering Group
The power of hope and truth in racial healing
Tricia Brand, our inaugural vice president of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, talks about what sets CCA apart from other colleges and why she’s hopeful for the future.
The President’s Diversity Steering Group (PDSG) is composed of key faculty, staff, and students who are advocates for human rights and social justice, and who work together to guide the college's fulfillment of its diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging mission and goals.
This guidance is achieved through:
- Providing and prioritizing strategic and tactical recommendations in regards to diversifying our community, curriculum, and climate;
- Advising the president and other senior administrators on such matters;
- Measuring and communicating the progress the college has made on achieving its goals;
- Ensuring the college is accountable for its continued growth and development with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tricia Brand, Vice President, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- George Luis Sedano, Vice President, Student Affairs / PDSG Co-chair
- TT Takemoto, Dean, Humanities & Sciences Division / PDSG Co-chair
- Mary Aymor- Thuku, Executive Assistant and HR Coordinator
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force:
- Janeece Hayes, Director, Student Belonging & Inclusion
- Maira Lazdins, Associate Vice President, Human Resources
- Adriana Lopez Lobovits, Director, President's Office
- Omer Minhas, Director, Institutional Research
- AJ Elma, Student - Painting & Drawing / Students of Color Coalition
- David Asari, Senior Adjunct, Graphic Design / Faculty of Color Alliance
- Genevieve Hyacinthe, Assistant Professor, History of Art and Visual Culture Program / Faculty of Color Alliance (on leave Fall 2022)
- Nancy Chan, Instructional Technologist, Libraries / Staff Advisory Committee
- Lisa Jonas, Director of Alumni Engagement / MFA, 2014
All members of the CCA community are welcome to attend and participate in PDSG meetings as ad hoc members. To receive meeting reminders and gain access to meeting notes, please add your name to the PDSG mailing list (see below).
To access meeting notes:
- PDSG mailing list members, please login to your CCA Google account; In Google drive search for PDSG Meeting Notes.
If you would like to be added to the mailing lists for the groups below in order to receive important updates and reminders please login to your CCA Google account and click on the links below:
Seeking funds to help support your DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging) activity or event taking place during the current academic year? Please use the form below to request funding support for your event or special request.
DEIB Grants are primarily earmarked to support campus-wide DEIB initiatives and programs. While requests for any initiatives that promote DEIB in the broadest sense are welcome, initiatives that focus on topics of domestic racial and ethnic diversity - with the primary audience being CCA students, faculty, staff - will receive priority consideration.
CCA Community Recommendations for Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives
Thank you to everyone who submitted a Racial Justice + Equity Initiatives Recommendation Form.
Below is a link to a listing of all the recommendations PDSG received, sorted by category.
Banner Photo: Black Lives Matter CCA Community Gathering by: Douglas Sandberg, February 2015
Sponsored by Faculty of Color Research Alliance | Organized by Kim Anno, Professor, Painting & Drawing
Feedback, questions, or suggestions? Please email: email@example.com