Whether your discipline is fine arts, design, architecture, or the humanities, embracing networking events like the Career Expo is a critical step toward establishing your career.
What to Expect: Students and alumni do not need to pre-register for the Expo. Check-in tables will be in the Nave. Pick up a free tote bag and complete our Expo survey!
- Connect with creative directors & recruiters, designers, museums, and arts organizations to spark future opportunities.
- Show your portfolio and résumé.
- Share your vision.
- Practice professional preparedness techniques.
- Learn more about creative industries and make new contacts.
How to Prepare
- Review the recruiter page and research all potential employer websites.
- Discuss presentation, contents, and order of the work in your portfolio with your faculty members.
- Wear a professional outfit.
- Have business cards. (We recommend MOO and Vistaprint, but also consider Green Copy across the street from the Oakland campus.)
Attending CCA's Career Expo
- Approach as many companies as possible -- many are interested in students from across multiple disciplines.
- Introduce yourself (prepare an introduction), and then be prepared to ask questions.
- Pick up business cards and literature. Provide company representatives with your résumé or business card as appropriate.
- Inquire what's the best way to keep in touch after the Expo with representatives from companies that interest you.
Questions? Contact the Career Development Office.