Whether your discipline is fine arts, design, architecture, or the humanities, embracing our networking events is a critical step toward establishing your career.
What to Expect: Students and alumni should pre-register for the Fairs/Expo on Handshake. Check-in tables will be near the front of the venue.
- Connect with creative directors & recruiters, designers, museums, and arts organizations to spark future opportunities.
- Show your portfolio and résumé.
- Share your vision.
- Practice professional preparedness techniques.
- Learn more about creative industries and make new contacts.
How to Prepare
- Review the recruiter pages and research all potential employer websites.
- Discuss presentation, contents, and order of the work in your portfolio with your faculty members.
- Wear a professional outfit.
- Have business cards. (We recommend MOO and Vistaprint)
Attending a Career Fair
- Approach as many companies as possible -- many are interested in students from across multiple disciplines.
- Introduce yourself (prepare an introduction), and then be prepared to ask questions.
- Pick up business cards and literature. Provide company representatives with your résumé or business card as appropriate.
- Inquire what's the best way to keep in touch after the event with representatives from companies that interest you.
Questions? Contact the Career Development Office.