INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: CAREER RESOURCES
Networking is one of the most valuable job-search tools. Here are some resources to assist you as you
- The Big Challenge of American Small Talk: Learn insights and gain advice about U.S. American small talk
- TOP COMPANIES OFFERING OPT JOBS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN 2021
- Know What American Employers May Expect: What are the potential cultural value conflicts international populations may encounter in a U.S. job search
- CCA Alumni Linkedin Group
- International Student Job Search
FINDING INTERNATIONAL-FRIENDLY EMPLOYERS
Identify companies and organizations open to hiring international students
- Handshake: CCA’s internal job board and search tool. Find internships, full-time and part-time positions. Also, Handshake allows you to identify roles accepting OPT/CPT and sponsoring
- Myvisajobs.com: Find employers who have petitioned for H-1Bs. In addition, myvisajobs also includes those employers who have sponsored employees for Permanent Residency
- UniWorld: Comprehensive directory of both U.S. companies operating branches abroad and international companies operating locations in the U.S.
- Riley Guide: Useful for finding worldwide positions, search for region-specific job searches
- CCA Career Expo: Career Expo is a CCA's annual job fair for CCA's undergraduate and graduate students and alumni community of designers, artists, and architects to meet such local and national industry-leading employers
DISCUSSING THE WORK VISA QUESTION
Deciding when and how to introduce your visa status is an individual decision. Find a variety of opinions and advice to help you in determining how to navigate this conversation
For more information, Make an Appointment or learn more about Employment Options go to International Students: Employment Options
INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENTS - WHERE TO ASK FOR HELP
Develop the tools and strategies necessary for your job search process
- Career Development. Learn about professional resources for artists and designers, upcoming events, and schedule a one-on-one appointment with Career Development
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE RESOURCES
The job search process can be extra challenging when done in a second language. Find resources both on-campus and beyond.
- Learning Resources Center. Connect with the LRC in San Francisco or Oakland for one-on-one coaching, writing resources, and more.
- Writing for a North American Business Audience. Guide published by Purdue’s Online Writing Lab offers information and examples on how to write for a business audience.