2D: Drawing Studios
Dedicated to building an energized Fine Arts community.
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the 2D: Drawing Studios
The Drawing Studios on each campus are welcoming, generous, and multipurpose rooms designed with adjustable lighting setups.
Within these open spaces Painting/Drawing students are encouraged to build an energized painting community, hosting such events as the student-led Painting Club and Graduate Drawing Group, Figure Drawing Nights, Stretcher Bar Tutorials, and the small-talk lecture series Notes from the Studio that features casual artist talks by the Painting faculty.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Large basin sinks
- Halogen lights
- Large tables and palette tables
- Extensive props, including animal and human skeletons, as well as numerous options for staging and lighting