Ceramics: Downstairs Kiln
Gotta put something in the fire downstairs
Please contact the Studio Manager directly or email email@example.com with any questions.
TRED (Treadwell Hall)
Current Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the Ceramics downstairs kiln room during open shop hours.
Recent Alumni and Faculty may request studio access through this CCA Alumni + Faculty Studio Access Form
About the Ceramics: Downstairs Kiln
The Treadwell Ceramic Arts Center downstairs kiln room boasts 7 electric kilns and also houses our hi-tech 125 cubic foot Blaauw kiln. This kiln is a computer controlled gas kiln that can accommodate ceramic works up to 4' x 4' x 4'.
This kiln room handles bisque and glaze firings for lower level classes, as well as for special projects.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- BLAAUW state of the art computerized gas kiln
- Modernized Raw Materials room complete with Nederman Collection System
- Bailey MXT125T Mixer/Pugger complete with extruder housing
- Kaiser sx7 air compressor with enclosed sandblaster
- 12 Brent EX (150 pound capacity) pottery wheels (4 Brent ex, 8 Lockerbie kick/electric)
- 5 Rennovated Alpine gas kilns: 11 total Alpine gas kilns
- 15 electric Skutt kilns of various sizes; computerized touch pads with Skutt "Kiln Link” cloud based monitoring system
- Spray booth complete with glaze spray guns, banding wheel and variable air pressure control
- Slip casting area complete with two 80 gallon slip casting tanks and approximately 100 plus pre-existing casting molds
- Soldner clay mixer
- Two Brent slab rollers
- North Star and Bailey Extruders
- Two portable self contained glaze rinsing stations (the Cink)