Glass: The Cold Shop
Wet, Cold, and Abrasive
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
The Cold Shop
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Glass: The Cold Shop
Glass Grinding, Polishing, and Finishing Studios
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Clipper 14” diamond saw
- Covington 24” diamond slab saw
- 106” x 4” belt sanders (2)
- 36” Steinert lap wheel -- 80 grit
- 36” Steinert lap wheel -- 220 grit
- 24” Steinert diamond-lap wheel with associated diamond, resin, and felt pads
- 24” rociprolaps (2)
- Merker diamond lathe (large) with diamond and stone tooling
- Merker diamond lathe (small) with diamond tooling
- Jet-diamond core drill press
- Foredom flex-shaft engravers
- Sandblaster -- 220 grit
- Sandblaster -- 80 grit
- Steinert dual-station cork/felt polisher