Glass: The Hot Shop
Blow or Pour Molten Glass
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
The Hot Shop
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Glass: The Hot Shop
Glass Blowing and Hot Casting Studio
Weekly Gaffer and Sand Casting Slots Available. Please Submit a Project Proposal Form to Glass Studio Manager.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Brand New 900 lb. Continuous-Melt Wet Dog Glass Furnace
- Glory holes (2): 26” and 13” openings
- Multiday annealers (2)
- Day annealers (2)
- Pick-up kiln
- Warm-up garage
- Powder booth
- Pipe warmer
- Casting ladles (7) of various sizes
- Sandcasting boxes and assorted equipment