Glass: Barclay Simpson Kiln Room
Cast that, fuse that, slump that!
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
The Kiln Room
Shaklee Building Rm. Barclay Simpson
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Glass: Barclay Simpson Kiln Room
Glass Fusing, Slumping, and Casting Studio
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Casting kilns of various sizes (5)
- BVD large-bed fusing and slumping kilns (2)
- Multiuse, top-lifting kiln with rolling bed
- FlameWorking Corner with 2 Torches set ups and 1 Small Kiln
- Litton 30” lamp-working lathe
- Mulit use work tables (4)