Jewelry/Metal Arts: Streich Zone
Enameling, Forming, Fabricating
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
The Streich Zone
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Jewelry/Metal Arts: Streich Zone
The "Streich Zone” is the program's multifunctional room. Class lectures, critiques, and many guest artist talks are held here. It also contains the kilns used for enameling, or fusing powdered glass to create color and images on the surface of metal.
Specializing in These Materials
- Karat Golds
Tools and Equipment
- Enameling Kilns (Large, Medium, and Small)
- Natural gas torches
- Electric Rolling Mill
- Band saw for metal
- Drill presses and flex-shafts
- Step sheer, straight sheer
- Buffing/polishing machines
- Draw bench