Photography: Mural Darkroom
(Feb 4th - May 10th)
MONDAY-THURSDAY: 9am -9PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 2PM-8PM
MANX (Martinex Annex Photo Studios)
Access to the Mural room is reserved for students that have completed Investigations 1 and any current student or faculty that has had a Mural Printing Orientation from the Studio Manager. If you would like this orientation, please contact the studio manager, access will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
The Mural Room is open whenever the cage is open. Reservations can be made at the cage and can be up to two weeks in advance.
Rules and Regulations
- There is absolutely no food or drinks allowed in the Mural Room.
- Please use gloves when “rolling” prints in chemistry.
- Do not violate the “dry” area of the lab by leaving chemistry or anything wet there. Always restrict wet and dry operations to their appropriate places.
- Keep your work area clean. Put away all equipment that you use and clean any equipment that you have used. These chemicals can be skin and/or respiratory irritants and will contaminate others’ prints if you are not careful.
- Exercise extreme care with chemicals. Do not pour them down any drain except when instructed to do so. Directions on chemical handling are posted; please follow these instructions or ask a monitor when in doubt. Remember that chemicals are hazardous, potentially toxic, can pollute our waterways and damage the plumbing, so please treat them with caution.
Make sure to clean up any messes that you make and notify the lab monitors of any spills or broken equipment.
About the Photography: Mural Darkroom
This enlarger allows students to print either vertically up to 30”x40” or horizontally with wall sized prints and can enlarge negatives up to 8x10.
Tools and Equipment
- Durst Color Laborator 184 8x10 enlarger with a color head
- a stainless steel sink
- Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II 4x5 enlarge as well as a
- 14” and 16” color processor