Screen Printing, Paper-Making, and Hybrid Print Studio
screen printing, making paper from scratch, mixed media print.
As of Monday 3/20/2020, CCA Campuses will be accessible ONLY TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS.
Students, Faculty, and Staff may access the campuses during the following times:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
Screen Printing & Paper-making Studio
Founders Hall Rm. 104
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Screen Printing, Paper-Making, and Hybrid Print Studio
Two additional studio classrooms are located on the ground floor of Founders Hall: Founders 104 is a combination screen printing and paper-making studio.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- American French tool-etching press (a gift from our benefactor, Yozo Hamaguchi)
- 3 additional etching presses: 2 Brand presses and 1 Ettan press
- 3 lithography presses, including a new Takach press
- 100+ lithography stones (small, medium, large)
- Acid room
- 2 sign presses
- Large-screen exposing table
- Screen wash-out area
- Screen-coating facility
- Hollander beater
- Numerous molds for various handmade paper sheet sizes
- Couching screens for drying handmade paper
- 2 Vandercook letterpresses
- Photopolymer platemaker
- Several hundred cases of wood and metal type
- Bookbinding equipment
In response to statewide shelter in place order through May 3, CCA has suspended all in-person instruction for the rest of the spring term. As such the Print Studios will be CLOSED until further notice.
Due to the county-wide shelter in place order, the CCA campus, shops, and studios will be closed to all students, faculty, and staff after 5pm on Monday, 3/16/2020 until further notice.
If you are unable to retrieve personal belongings, ...
In response to the spread of COVID-19, the Print Studios will be CLOSED this weekend starting at 5pm on Friday, 3/13 and through 3/14-3/15.
At this time the Print Studios will be open from 9am to 5pm on Monday, 3/16, ...