Things are lighting up at the foundry
AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020, CCA CAMPUSES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF DURING THE FOLLOWING DAYS/HOURS TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL AND WORK ITEMS:
SF Campus: Tuesday and Thursdays 11a-1p
Oakland Campus: Monday and Wednesdays 11a-1p
When you arrive at campus contact Public Safety:
SF patrol: 415-726-2061, Oakland patrol: 510-385-1821
Public Safety will meet you, check your ID, have you sign in, provide necessary access, and wait until you leave to secure the building.
For the safety and security of all, PLEASE BRING YOUR CCA ID TO SHOW THE PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER!
CCA Shops and Studios remain closed and inaccessible for project work until further notice.
Please contact the Studio Manager with any concerns.
- The California Department of Public Health has extended the statewide stay at home order through May 3. Do not leave home except for essential activities.
- CCA has developed a Portal Page link concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates available here.
- CCA has suspended in-person instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. All classes will be taught remotely beginning Monday, March 30, following spring break.
Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
About the Sculpture: Foundry
CCA is one of the few remaining art colleges in the United States that continues to operate a traditional foundry for casting bronze, aluminum, iron, pewter, and other metals using J82 oil sand, plaster and ceramic shell investments.
Our facility features 90- and 60-pound capacity furnaces, large and small burn-out kilns, numerous wax-working stations, a sandblaster, patina torch, and a one-ton overhead swivel crane.
Specializing in These Materials
Tools and Equipment
- Two speedy melt furnaces (90# and 60# capacity)
- Two gas fired burn out kilns (10cu ft, 700 cu ft kiln)
- wax working area
- sand blaster
- patina station
- ceramic shell station
- wax boil out extraction station