All CCA students enrolled in on-campus classes (with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their first day of classes. Students who are not vaccinated and have not received an exemption or made a plan to be vaccinated by the start date of their first class will be removed from all in-person classes.
While shelter-in-place is in effect, all class registrations will happen online.
For any questions regarding registration or class information please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All staff is currently working from home.
Please note, our office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am - 5pm. We are closed on Saturday and Sunday. For information regarding class meeting locations outside our office hours, please contact Public Safety at 415-703-9510
We typically need a specific minimum enrollment to be able to run a class. We highly encourage registering early to ensure your spot in a class and to ensure we do not cancel an under-enrolled class
About Online Registration
The Office of Special Programs offers online registration through TouchNet for CCA Extension courses. You do not need to apply to CCA and can pay as a guest.
Online registration requires either a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
All registrations are confirmed by email within 48-72 hours
Delivery errors can occur with email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the Office of Special Programs to confirm your registration.
Students who do not receive a confirmation are still liable for the tuition of CCA Extension courses for which they have registered; students must formally withdraw from a class in order to receive a refund (see refund policy).
How to register online with TouchNet
Once in TouchNet you can view all classes being offered per term or view per category (Design, Fine Arts, Digital Tools, or High School Studios)
To learn more about a class, select the class title link.
To purchase a class select the "add to cart" button on the description page or select the shopping cart icon. To add more classes select the "continue shopping" button
If you are ready to finalize your class selection, select the blue "checkout" button
Enter your personal info (asterisks are required info). If you know your CCA Extension ID you can enter it here
Under "contact info" enter your email and check out as a guest (you do not need to log in or register an ID).
From there, enter payment info and review order. Remember to review the refund policies and check the box that you agree to the stated policies.
After you register and pay for a class, you will receive a receipt and confirmation.
Additional Ways to Register
Due to Covid-19, our staff members are currently working remotely and unable to take enrollments over the phone. However, we are happy to help answer your questions or walk you through how to enroll online via email
Do not use online registration if you're eligible for a course tuition discount (see below). Instead, please email The Office of Special Programs+ Continued Studies to ensure you receive your entitled discount.
Donors: Donors who give a gift to the college of $500 or more this year are eligible for a 20 percent discount the same year on CCA Extension course tuition. For more information, please contact the Advancement Office at 510.594.3662.
Middle and high school art teachers: CCA Extension offers a 25 percent tuition discount to middle and high school art teachers. Instructors must provide a letter from their principal's office that confirms current employment status at the time of registration. Limit: two courses per semester (not to exceed four courses in one academic year). Currently all staff members are working from home. Please email Audrey Jones at Audreyjones@cca.edu and she will assist in the registration process.
We will discount the two most expensive classes at the time of registration. When registering with the discount all classes must be registered for at once. Any subsequent registration will not be discounted. Material / lab fees will not be discounted
Registration with Educational Grants/Americorps
If you happen to have an educational grant or funding through Americorps, we are happy to take payment from these organizations. The best way to apply your funding is to follow these steps:
- Contact your organization with your intent to enroll and have them write a "Education Award Payment Request". This invoice will let CCA know payment is on its way.
- Contact Special Programs with your intent to enroll and send us a registration form along with your "Education Award Payment Request"
- Once we get confirmation payment is being sent we can register you! We don't allow students to register before we get that confirmation. If the class doesn't run the money goes back to the organization providing the funding
Tuition Remission for CCA staff and faculty
If you are benefits eligible CCA staff or Faculty member you and your spouse, domestic partner, or dependent children are able to take CCA Extension classes at either a discounted or free rate.
- Regular full-time staff may take up to seven CCA Extension courses per year, not to exceed two in the fall, two in the spring, and three in the summer.
- Regular part-time staff may take up to three CCA Extension courses per year, limited to one in the fall, one in the spring, and one in the summer.
- This benefit is limited to seven courses per family (including the staff member) for full-time staff members and three courses per family (including the staff member) for part-time staff members.
There are two registration options:
1) At the start of registration, eligible staff members may guarantee their seat in a CCA Extension course by paying for the course with a 20 percent discount.
2) Alternatively, staff members may wait until the weekday before the start of the CCA Extension course to register with a 100 percent tuition remission, but only if there are empty seats available (as determined by the Office of Special Programs). Lab fees will still need to be collected and payment can be made by contacting email@example.com
On occasion, a seat may not be available until just before the second class meeting, in which case the staff member will not know until then that they are authorized to join the course. If there are multiple 100 percent tuition-remission applicants for the same course, enrollment will be on a first- come, first-served basis
Tuition remission can now be requested in Workday by eligible employees! An updated policy can also be found on the portal. To apply for tuition remission for a regular semester or Special Programs courses, please follow these directions:
- Log into Workday.
- In the search bar at the top of the page, type in "create request"
- In the drop down menu, type "tuition" and hit enter.
- Complete and submit the form in Workday
Material fees (if applicable) are paid directly to the course instructor(s) at the first scheduled class meeting unless otherwise noted.
Tuition & Fees are payable in full at registration to attend a class. Receipts may be asked as proof of payment
CCA accepts personal checks or money orders (payable to California College of the Arts), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or cash.
Note: A $25 penalty will be charged to the student’s account for any returned check, regardless of the reason.
You should receive info on your class from both your instructor or Special Programs a few days before it starts. If for any reason you don't, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases emails get sent to spam folders or inactive student emails.
Please email us at email@example.com. Staff is working from home due to COVID-19
Please note, our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p and we are closed on the weekends. For any questions regarding class locations call Public Safety at 510-385-1821