Registration for our classes can be done online, over the phone, in person, or by mail. Please see info below for specific details.
Please call us at 510-594-3710 to register over the phone.
For any questions regarding registration or class information please, call us at 510.594.3680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, our office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am - 5pm. We are closed on Saturday and Sunday. For information regarding class meeting locations outside our office hours, please contact Public Safety at 415-703-9510
We typically need a specific minimum enrollment to be able to run a class. We highly encourage registering early to ensure your spot in a class and to ensure we do not cancel an under-enrolled class
About Online Registration
The Office of Special Programs offers online registration through TouchNet for CCA Extension courses. You do not need to apply to CCA and can pay as a guest.
Online registration requires either a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
All registrations are confirmed by email within 48-72 hours
Delivery errors can occur with email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the Office of Special Programs to confirm your registration.
Students who do not receive a confirmation are still liable for the tuition of CCA Extension courses for which they have registered; students must formally withdraw from a class in order to receive a refund (see refund policy).
See Additional Ways to Register (below) if you prefer to register by phone.
How to register online with TouchNet
Once in TouchNet you can view all classes being offered per term or view per category (Design, Fine Arts, Digital Tools, or High School Studios)
To learn more about a class, select the class title link.
To purchase a class select the "add to cart" button on the description page or select the shopping cart icon.
- To add more classes select the "continue shopping" button
- If you are ready to finalize your class selection, select the "checkout" button
- Enter your personal info (asterisks are required info)
- Under "contact info" enter your email and check out as a guest (you do not need to log in or register an ID).
- Enter payment info and review order. Remember to review the refund policies and check the box that you agree to the stated policies
After you register and pay for a class, you will receive a receipt and confirmation.
Additional Ways to Register
Phone 510.594.3710 or 510.594.3680 to register by phone with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Please be sure to have all information requested on the registration form and your credit card information available when you call.
Register in person at the Office of Special Programs. 5212 Broadway. Oakland, CA. Ralls 201
When calculating your registration costs, remember to include any applicable lab fees payable at registration in addition to the course tuition.
Do not send registrations with credit card info by email.
Note: All phone, and mailed-in registrations are confirmed by email. Please allow a few days for your registration to be processed.
Do not use online registration if you're eligible for a course tuition discount (see below). Instead, please call the Office of Special Programs+ Continued Studies to ensure you receive your entitled discount.
Donors: Donors who give a gift to the college of $500 or more this year are eligible for a 20 percent discount the same year on CCA Extension course tuition. For more information, please contact the Advancement Office at 510.594.3662.
Middle and high school art teachers: CCA Extension offers a 25 percent tuition discount to middle and high school art teachers. Instructors must provide a letter from their principal's office that confirms current employment status at the time of registration. Limit: two courses per semester (not to exceed four courses in one academic year). You will need to call our offices and register by phone
We will discount the two most expensive classes at the time of registration. When registering with the discount all classes must be registered for at once. Any subsequent registration will not be discounted. Material / lab fees will not be discounted
Registration with Educational Grants/Americorps
If you happen to have an educational grant or funding through Americorps, we are happy to take payment from these organizations. The best way to apply your funding is to follow these steps:
- Contact your organization with your intent to enroll and have them write a "Education Award Payment Request". This invoice will let CCA know payment is on its way.
- Contact Special Programs with your intent to enroll and send us a registration form along with your "Education Award Payment Request"
- Once we get confirmation payment is being sent we can register you! We don't allow students to register before we get that confirmation. If the class doesn't run the money goes back to the organization providing the funding
Tuition Remission for CCA staff and faculty
If you are benefits eligible CCA staff or Faculty member you and your spouse, domestic partner, or dependent children are able to take CCA Extension classes at either a discounted or free rate.
- Regular full-time staff may take up to seven CCA Extension courses per year, not to exceed two in the fall, two in the spring, and three in the summer.
- Regular part-time staff may take up to three CCA Extension courses per year, limited to one in the fall, one in the spring, and one in the summer.
- This benefit is limited to seven courses per family (including the staff member) for full-time staff members and three courses per family (including the staff member) for part-time staff members.
There are two registration options:
1) At the start of registration, eligible staff members may guarantee their seat in a CCA Extension course by paying for the course with a 20 percent discount.
2) Alternatively, staff members may wait until the weekday before the start of the CCA Extension course to register with a 100 percent tuition remission, but only if there are empty seats available (as determined by the Office of Special Programs).
On occasion, a seat may not be available until just before the second class meeting, in which case the staff member will not know until then that they are authorized to join the course. If there are multiple 100 percent tuition-remission applicants for the same course, enrollment will be on a first- come, first-served basis
2) Contact the office of special programs to let us know your intent to enroll in a class. We will notify you if there is space in the class should you opt for the 100% tuition remission 1 day before the class starts.
All staff/faculty are responsible for paying lab and material fees
Material fees (if applicable) are paid directly to the course instructor(s) at the first scheduled class meeting unless otherwise noted.
Tuition & Fees are payable in full at registration to attend a class. Receipts may be asked as proof of payment
CCA accepts personal checks or money orders (payable to California College of the Arts), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or cash.
Note: A $25 penalty will be charged to the student’s account for any returned check, regardless of the reason.
The Office of Special Programs is housed on the Oakland campus. Our professional staff will quickly answer your questions and help get you started.
If you have any questions please contact us at 510-594-3710.
Please note, our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p and we are closed on the weekends. For any questions regarding class locations call Public Safety at 510-385-1821