CCA Summer Study Abroad
Widen your horizons. Experience another culture. Earn credits abroad.
California College of the Arts has an extraordinary reputation for its unique summer study-abroad programs, designed and led by CCA faculty.
These courses are open to undergraduate and graduate students; some are interdisciplinary, while others have a particular focus but are open to students from other disciplines. Studio-focused programs can satisfy a three-credit Studio Elective or one of the requirements listed with the program. The Berlin/Venice Biennale and the European Design Capitals programs can satisfy a three-credit H&S Elective or one of the requirements listed with their program descriptions.
Registration begins on Wednesday, February 20. This first day of study abroad registration will be in-person registration, only at the San Francisco campus Student Records Office, starting at 9 a.m. No study abroad registrations will be handled at the Oakland Student Records Office that day.
After February 20, registration is still in-person, but can take place in the Student Records Office on either the Oakland or San Francisco campus.
2019 Program Locations
- Amsterdam with Ian MacColl
- Berlin/Venice Biennale 2019 with Karen Fiss
- European Design Capitals: London/Amsterdam/Milan with Mara Holt Skov / FULL
- Iceland with Brook Hinton / FULL
- Japan with David Asari
- Japan (Architecture) with Thom Faulders & Andrew Kudless / FULL
- New York Studio : Exhibition Brooklyn (not quite abroad) with Christina Linden
- South Korea with Chris Hamamoto
- Spain (Architecture) with Cathrine Veikos