Additional Resources for Teaching
Art & Design-Based Teaching
- Center for Excellence in Teaching at Fashion Institute of Technology
- O Teaching Matters Blog (Otis College of Art and Design)
- Writing Across the Curriculum at Pratt
- The Center for Teaching and Learning at Stanford University
- Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence at Carnegie Mellon
- The NYU Center for Teaching Excellence Online Resources on Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Effectiveness Center at the University of Oregon Resource Exchange
- Tip Sheets from the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning at Harvard
- The University of Santa Cruz Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET)
- For White People Who Believe Black Lives Matter
- 17 Poems To Read When The World Is Too Much
- Required Reading If You’re Trying To Understand What It’s Like To Be Black In America
- Chronicle of Higher Education—Academe Today
- Tomorrows Professor—“Desktop faculty development 100 times a year” sponsored by the Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning.
- America’s National Service Learning Clearinghouse—Higher education
- Learn and Serve America—Supports and encourages service learning throughout the United States.
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning—Articles written by faculty and service learning educators on research, pedagogy, and other issues related to academic (curriculum-based) service learning in higher education.
- Merlot Pedagogy—Teaching strategies: Team teaching
- Vanderbilt Center for Teaching -- Team-Based Learning
Writing and Composition Instruction and Assignments
- MIT Online Writing and Communication Center
- University Writing Program: Writing Across the Curriculum—Faculty workshop handouts
- The Writing Across the Curriculum Clearinghouse—Supporting scholarly exchange about communication across the curriculum.
- Writing Across the Curriculum, University of Wisconsin, Madison