>> Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan Changing from PPO to EPO as of August 1, 2022
Posted June 2, 2022, 2:56 PM
The CCA-sponsored Student Health Insurance plan provided through Aetna will be changing from a PPO plan to an EPO plan effective August 1, 2022. An EPO Plan (Exclusive Provider Organizations) is a lot like an HMO, in that they don’t cover care outside the plan’s provider network.
- Effective August 1, 2022 the CCA Student Health Insurance Plan will no longer cover benefits for services provided by non-preferred providers or facilities (Emergency Room and Ambulance excluded).
- If you are currently under the care of a non-Aetna provider you may continue your care, however benefits will not be paid for services rendered.
- If you wish to locate an Aetna provider, you can do so by utilizing Aetna’s DocFind tool located at https://www.aetnastudenthealth.com/en/school/686151/index.html
- Your current provider may join the Aetna network by completing the application online at www.aetna.com.
- Detailed information regarding the 2022-2023 Student Health Insurance plan's coverage will be available later this summer on the Student Health Insurance portal page.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.