Prevention + Assessment
If you are sick or believe you may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, stay home and avoid contact with others. Follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- Wear a face covering (mask) whenever you are in public. Face coverings are required at all times on CCA's campuses. CDC face covering guidance.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- For information about hand washing, see CDC’s hand washing website.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Practice social distancing—when in public, maintain at least six feet separation from other people.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Call your healthcare provider if you:
- Develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing.
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19.
- Have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
- Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
All staff, faculty, and students who need to physically be on campus or in CCA residences are required to complete a #CampusClear daily health assessment. This is a brief, online assessment of symptoms and exposure risk conducted using a simple app. Students living off campus, employees, and approved others who are coming on to campus must complete the assessment each day prior to arriving on campus. Students who are living in CCA residences are required to complete the assessment each day. After answering the daily health assessment question, you will receive instructions whether or not you can proceed to campus, or if you should remain at home or in your room.
If a CCA employee or student experiences symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for the coronavirus, or becomes aware that they were exposed to someone who has tested positive, the employee or student must notify Human Resources (email email@example.com) or the Office of the Dean of Students immediately. You will be advised to self-quarantine for 14 days since the onset of symptoms and to seek medical care.
Per regulations, if an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, HR will notify coworkers who may have been exposed and conduct deep cleaning of areas occupied by the infected employee. Students and employees who are on campus are encouraged to keep daily logs of those they are in contact with. These logs do not need to be shared with anyone, but may be helpful to health officials for contact tracing in the event of exposure to the virus.