Novel Coronavirus COVID–19 (24 January 2020)
The following message was sent to CCA students, faculty, and staff on 24 January 2020:
The San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) held a conference call today to provide updates to Bay Area colleges and universities on the emerging situation involving novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a new illness first identified in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China in December 2019. CCA is working closely with SFDPH and others to monitor the situation and develop an appropriate response to whatever impact the outbreak may have on our community. At this time, there have been no confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in California.
In the meantime, we urge all members of the CCA community to follow these preventative measures recommended by the SFDPH:
- Get your flu shot to protect against flu or symptoms similar to novel coronavirus
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you are sick
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you show symptoms of the coronavirus, especially if you have traveled recently to Hubei Province
- Additional information for people who may be traveling to Wuhan
The SFDPH has also prepared fact sheets in both English and Chinese, and continually updated information is available from the Centers for Disease Control and San Francisco Department of Public Health.
To report a concern regarding a CCA student, please submit a CCA Cares Form.
Faculty and staff with concerns should contact Human Resources at email@example.com.