Substance Abuse Resources
The illegal or abusive use of alcohol or other drugs, or both, by members of the CCA community adversely affects CCA’s commitment to provide an environment of excellence in educating students to shape culture through the practice and critical study of the arts.
Fostering Good Health
As members of the CCA community, we all share in the responsibility for creating and maintaining a healthful and productive environment for work and study alike.
With this responsibility comes the obligation to be involved in preventing problems caused by the abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
Health Risks of Abusing Alcohol/Drugs
Many well-documented risks exist associated with the abuse of alcohol and other drugs, affecting not only the individual user but also his or her family, friends, and roommates.
Alcohol abuse is frequently implicated in cases of sexual assault on campus, for example, and the misuse of drugs is sometimes a factor in violence on campus.
Other problems associated with alcohol and other drug abuse include:
- poor academic or job performance
- relationship difficulties, including sexual dysfunction
- a tendency to verbal and physical violence
- financial stress
- injuries or accidents
- violations of the law such as driving under the influence and willfully destroying property
Students are encouraged to seek immediate help through any of the following resources
CCA Resources for Students
- Dean of Students Office
- Student Code of Conduct
- CCA Cares
CCA's Care team engages students with the care and support needed during difficult and challenging personal and academic circumstances. Because of these circumstances, students may exhibit behaviors that can be seen as distressing, disruptive, disturbing, or dangerous. CCA community members can provide the CCA Care Team with information regarding the student they are concerned about. The team will determine how to best support each student.
- Counseling Services
CCA mental health crisis hotline: 510.594.5099
- Residential Education
- Public Safety
- Alcohol & Drug Use
- Alcoholics Anonymous (East Bay)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (San Francisco)
San Francisco: 415.674.1821
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Cocaine Anonymous
San Francisco: 415.821.6155
- Co-Dependents Anonymous
- Family Anonymous Drug Abuse
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous (East Bay)
- Narcotics Anonymous (San Francisco)
- National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator