Located at the entrance to the Oakland campus, Clifton Hall, designed by Bay Area architect Mark Horton and completed in 2002, houses 120 first-year students.
The residence hall is located in the Rockridge District, a charming residential neighborhood. Nearby College Avenue is populated with a diverse range of restaurants, bookstores, cafés, and retail stores. The Rockridge shopping center is adjacent to the college and offers a supermarket, a drugstore, restaurants, and other resources.
Clifton Hall our largest first-year community. It comprises 54 doubles, a triple, and 2 quads (arranged as suite-style living).
- 3 common lounges equipped with TVs, DVD players, couches, and tables
- 3 kitchens (each includes two stove tops, two ovens, and two microwaves)
- microwave/refrigerator units provided in each room.
- high-speed internet jacks in each room and wireless
- laundry facilities located on the first floor
- 24/hr front-desk operation located on the first floor
- mailboxes located on the first floor
- composed of students aged 17–19 years old
- coed community by suite
- shared baths by suite and in-room vanities
- individually controlled heat
- located across the street from the first-year studios
- Safeway/CVS shopping plaza within .5 mile
Within the first year residence halls, all mail and private deliveries go to Clifton Hall at 5276 Broadway Oakland, CA 94618. All mail and deliveries should include the student's full name and mailbox number. Staff is available on site to sign for packages and hold deliveries.