Located on the Oakland campus, CCA’s original residence hall, Irwin Hall has as much of a history as the Oakland campus itself.
The residence hall is located in the Rockridge District, a charming residential neighborhood. Nearby College Avenue is populated with a diverse range of restaurants, bookstores, cafés, and retail stores.
The Rockridge shopping center is adjacent to the college and offers a supermarket, a drugstore, restaurants, and other resources.
Irwin Hall is one of our first-year communities and houses 34 first-year students. It is composed of 17 double rooms arranged as suite-style living.
- a common lounge equipped with televisions, DVD players, couches, and tables
- a kitchen which includes 2 stove tops, 2 ovens, and 2 microwaves
- microwave/refrigerator units provided in each room.
- high-speed internet jacks in each room
- laundry facilities located across the street on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- 24/hr front desk operation located on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- mailboxes located on the ground floor of Clifton Hall
- composed of students aged 17–19 years old
- coed community by suite
- shared baths by suite
- located across the street from first-year studios
- Safeway/CVS shopping plaza within .5 mile
Within the first year residence halls, all mail and private deliveries go to Clifton Hall at 5276 Broadway Oakland, CA 94618. All mail and deliveries should include the student's full name and mailbox number. Staff is available on site to sign for packages and hold deliveries.