Living on Campus During COVID-19
State and local health orders and guidelines are strictly adhered to and enforced.
Health and Safety
Our team of RAs and professional staff prepare to support students in quarantine with meal/food/package/mail delivery, and ensure they have the resources and support they need. ResEd will be providing various living and learning programming throughout the year, while also following local health and safety protocols.
With COVID-19 protocols, socializing has become challenging for college students due to indoor restrictions, however the ResEd team supports community building with the following strategies:
- Each RA is assigned a few of the residents to meet with regularly throughout the semester and assess how they are acclimating
- Many students are fatigued by their screen. We have several outdoor spaces to offer places for you to study in the sun, get some fresh air, and also socialize safely.
- There are plenty of opportunities to meet peers and socialize safely. It just depends on your personal comfort levels and how often you engage with these opportunities.
- Some examples of the events Res Ed hosts:
- Trips to parks in San Francisco
- Learning more about your neighborhood on walking tours of Potrero Hill
- Painting in the park, Figure drawing in the garden, and learning how to sew your own masks
Outdoor Spaces In Residence Halls
The balcony is located on the 5th Floor of Founders Hall
Outdoor courtyards at both Blattner and Founders Hall