Housing & Dining COVID-19 Protocols
It is our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our residents, and the entire community.
Testing requirement for all for Spring 2022
Before returning to campus or moving into student housing, all faculty, staff, and students must test negative for COVID-19. We will accept PCR, at-home, or rapid tests, but they must be dated within 72 hours of your first visit to campus. Please visit this page for updates on how to submit your negative test results.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement for All
All students, staff and faculty are required to be vaccinated. Students arriving for the first time on campus for Spring 2022 are required to be fully vaccinated by January 10, 2022, and must attest that they are fully vaccinated before arrival (see below). Students will also be required to provide physical proof of vaccination on move in day, January 10, 2022.
Updating your Vaccination Status
To update your vaccination status, please log into Workday and follow these instructions. Entering your vaccination status as soon as possible will help inform updates to existing on-campus policies and protocols, and will also inform your ability to move-in to CCA housing on January 10, 2022.
- For more information on vaccination requirement please visit this page.
- Per the San Francisco Department of Health guidelines, the college will be making assignments based on double occupancy (2 persons per sleeping room)
- All unit types in CCA residence halls have in-unit bathrooms that are only shared with (suite mates / roommates)
- There are no community shared bathrooms at CCA
Positive Test or COVID-19 Symptoms
In the event of symptoms or positive test, notify the email@example.com immediately as well as your medical provider.
- Residential students will be required to undergo a 7-14 day quarantine period in their assigned unit
- Due to possible exposure, roommates and/or suite-mates may need to quarantine as well at the direction of the Dean of Students
- Face coverings will be required within the shared spaces of the unit
- During the quarantine period, residents will be offered lunch and dinner meal delivery to their unit, from the Makers Cafe, for which they may use their meal plan dollars
- Follow all COVID-19 prevention practices to help avoid spread (stay socially distant from suite-mates, frequently wash your hands and wear a mask)
No External Guest Policy
Effective Monday, October 4th, 2021, the guest policy has been updated for the residential halls. Please see the guest policy here (subject to change).
Face Coverings Required in Housing & Dining Facilities
Face coverings (masks) are required at all times on CCA's campus, including in Residential shared spaces (common areas, lobby, hallways, elevators) and in Makers Cafe. Face coverings can be removed while eating and drinking. Per the CDC, currently, there is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 is spread by handling or eating food. However, consuming refreshments, snacks, and meals with persons not from the same household may increase the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19 among people who are not fully vaccinated because masks are removed when eating or drinking. Therefore, it is recommended that you maintain social distancing while eating indoors or consider finding space to eat outdoors when space and weather allow. Be sure to wash your hands frequently. For more information from the CDC on higher education and dining practices, click here.
No eating or drinking in the shared common lounges at this time.
What is it like to live on campus?
Our team of RAs and professional staff prepare to support students in quarantine with meal/food/package/mail delivery, and ensure they have the resources and support they need during this time. ResEd provides various living and learning programming throughout the year, while also following local health and safety protocols such as face coverings, social distancing, and proper hand washing. Learn more about our community building strategies in times of Coronavirus.
- Residents have the convenience of on-site dining at the Makers cafe
- The Makers Cafe offers advanced online ordering, grab and go options, outdoor dining and indoor seating starting August 27.
- During the Academic Year, all residents of both Founders Hall and Blattner Hall are required to participate in a meal plan based on their respective unit type assignment.
Questions? Please get in touch.