Housing & Dining COVID-19 Protocols
Face coverings (masks) are now optional for CCA’s campuses, buildings and facilities. If you choose to wear a face covering, the recommendations are well-fitted non-vented N95, KN95, or KF94 respirator mask or a well-fitted surgical/procedural mask with a cloth mask worn over it is strongly recommended.
It is our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our residents, and the entire community.
Information about CCA’s student health insurance plan and waivers, counseling services, and other resources to support students’ health, safety, and well-being may be found on the Health + Wellness Portal page. Please also take note of CCA's mental health crisis hotline number: 510.594.5099. They are available 24/7 during 365 days a year.
COVID-19 Vaccine + Booster Requirement for All
All students, staff and faculty are recommended to be vaccinated and boosted if eligible.
Assignments & Shared Spaces
- Room assignments are based on total allowable occupancy (i.e. a double will have 2 persons per sleeping room)
- All unit types in CCA residence halls have in-unit bathrooms that are only shared with (suite mates / roommates)
- There are no community shared bathrooms at CCA
Positive Test or COVID-19 Symptoms
If you live on campus and test positive for COVID-19:
- You will isolate in your room according to our isolation protocols
- Please complete the self report form immediately
- You should limit time in shared spaces within your suite as much as possible
- Face coverings will be required within the shared spaces of the unit
- The COVID response team will notify campus partners
- Follow all instructions provided by both the CCA COVID Response team and your medical provider
Additional quarantine/isolation information:
- Roommates who are up-to-date on vaccines and boosters are not required to isolate.
- During the quarantine period, residents must place their to-go orders using the Online Ordering system at Makers Cafe. Residents may pick up their order while wearing a face covering and directly head back to their unit for isolation. Additionally, residents who are in isolation may obtain their external food orders (Doordash, Grubhub, UberEats, etc.) in the lobby, while wearing a face covering, and head back to their unit for isolation.
- While in quarantine, residents may dispose of trash in the trash room or outside bins as long as they do so while wearing a face covering and directly return to their unit for isolation.
- Any medical appointments such as obtaining a vaccine shot/booster, seeing a doctor, or it is a medical emergency: residents can leave their unit due to these medical circumstances.
- Follow all COVID-19 prevention practices to help avoid spread (stay socially distant from suite-mates, frequently wash your hands and wear a mask).
Residential Guest Policy
Please see the guest policy for the latest information.
- Makers Cafe is open to all CCA community members and their guests
- Advanced online ordering, grab and go options, outdoor dining and indoor seating
- During the Academic Year, all residents of both Founders Hall and Blattner Hall are required to participate in a meal plan based on their respective unit type assignment
Questions? Please get in touch.