Housing & Dining COVID-19 Protocols
It is our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our residents, and the entire community. Please carefully read the following information for the latest COVID-19 protocols pertaining to Housing & Dining.
San Francisco, Health Order
Stay up to date with SF.gov's Stay Home Save Lives, this public health order is updated regularly with the latest orders to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement for Fall 2021
Effective for the Fall 2021 term, all students living in housing or attending hybrid in-person instruction are required to be vaccinated by September 1, 2021. Please read the email that was sent to all students on May 5, 2021, and the FAQ. Any residential student requesting an exemption from this policy should email email@example.com by June 1, in order to complete the exemption process before move-in plans are finalized in June.
Updating your Vaccination Status
To update your vaccination status, please log into Workday and follow these instructions. Entering your vaccination status as soon as possible will help inform updates to existing on-campus policies and protocols, and will also inform your move-in date to CCA housing.
The move in schedule is now based on vaccination status, please review carefully the move-in process page for details.
For all new unvaccinated residents, proof of a negative COVID19 test result is required before move-in. More information.
- Per the San Francisco Department of Health guidelines, the college will be making assignments based on double occupancy (2 persons per sleeping room)
- All residents are encouraged to complete their roommate preferences, and use the Roommate Matching feature in their CCA Housing Account, by June 1
- All unit types in CCA residence halls have in-unit bathrooms that are only shared with (suite mates / roommates)
- There are no common shared bathrooms at CCA
To establish the safest environment possible, unvaccinated residents will be required to quarantine in their unit for 7 days upon arrival (contingent upon a negative test result)
- Residents in quarantine, who participate in COVID-19 testing on days 4-5 of their quarantine period, and receive a negative test result will be permitted to complete their quarantine period on day 7
- If the above testing protocol is not followed, residents will be required to complete 10 days of quarantine
- During the quarantine period, residents will be offered lunch and dinner meal delivery to their unit, from the Makers Cafe, for which they may use their meal plan dollars
- Additionally, if desired, Res Ed can provide delivery for students in quarantine who would like to order food or grocery delivery from local restaurants and stores. This service is only available at specific times during lunch and dinner (typically 12-2pm and 5-7pm) but subject to change.
- Laundry facilities will not be available during the quarantine period so please come prepared with 7-10 days worth of clean clothing
- Lastly, if you take prescription medications please come prepared with at least a 10 day supply
No Guest Policy
Until further notice, residents are not allowed to have any visitors. This policy will be revisited as San Francisco guidelines are updated.
What will it be like to live on campus?
Our team of RAs and professional staff prepare to support students in quarantine with meal/food/package/mail delivery, and ensure they have the resources and support they need during this time. ResEd provides various living and learning programming throughout the year, while also following local health and safety protocols such as face coverings, social distancing, and proper hand washing. Learn more about our community building strategies in times of Coronavirus.
- Residents have the convenience of on-site dining at the Makers cafe
- At this time and until further notice the cafe offers only to go orders, and outdoor dining is permitted
- Daily specials, as well as grab and go and convenience and grocery items are offered
- During the Academic Year, all residents of both Founders Hall and Blattner Hall are required to participate in a meal plan
- The Makers Cafe is closed for the Summer 2021 term, and therefore no Summer meal plan is required
Please direct questions as follows: