Housing & Dining COVID-19 Protocols
It is our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our residents. Please carefully read the following information for our latest COVID-19 protocols.
San Francisco, Health Order
Stay up to date with SF.gov's Stay Home Save Lives, this public health order is updated regularly with the latest orders to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Location and Units Types
- All students in need of essential housing for the 20-21 Academic year will live in Founders Hall, CCA's new residence hall. See the virtual tour.
- Per the latest health orders, all units will be single occupancy (1 person per sleeping room)
- There are studio style units (private bathrooms) as well as a three bedroom suite options (bathroom is shared only with other suite mates).
- Residents will be charged a flat rate for Spring. Please refer to the Housing Rates and Dates page for further details.
- Residents have the convenience of on-site dining at the Makers cafe
- At this time and until further notice the cafe offers only to go orders, there is no indoor or outdoor dining, this will be updated as the SF Health Order is updated
- Daily lunch and dinner specials, as well as grab and go and convenience and grocery items are offered
- All Founders Hall residents participate in a meal plan (required & auto enrolled)
- Meal plan information
Spring 21 Move in Date(s)
Residents will have the opportunity to choose from 1 of 2 move in dates for Spring:
- January 23, 2021 (full Spring term)
- March 6, 2021 (partial Spring term)*
*The March move in date is aligned with Hybrid instruction offered to specific groups.
See move-in process for further details such as, move-in appointments, safety protocols, what to pack, and more.
Advanced COVID19 Test Required
All residents (including those currently living in CCA housing) are required to upload in Workday COVID19 test results no later than 72 hours in advance of move-in. Please carefully review the test result upload instructions.
The COVID19 test results uploaded need to be swab for current infection (not an antibody test).
- If you test negative, you will be allowed to move in as planned
- If you test negative, but you develop symptoms before your travel/move date, please STAY HOME and notify ResEd@cca.edu
- If you test positive (and you currently live off campus) - you will not be allowed to move in for the Fall and you’ll need to wait until Spring to move on campus
- If you test positive (and you currently in CCA housing) - you will need to remain in Isolation until your symptoms resolve, and until you have clearance from the Dean of Students Office to move to Founders
- Schedule your testing appointment two weeks in advance of Move In, starting the week of January 10, 2021 for January move in and February 21, 2021 for March move in. Most cities are offering free testing sites, please check your city government website for resources if you cannot get an appointment scheduled with your primary care doctor. If you are currently residing in the Bay Area, there are free options in both San Francisco and Oakland.
- Test result upload instructions
10 Day Quarantine
To establish the safest environment possible, all residents will be required to quarantine in their unit for 10 days upon arrival.
- Arrangements will be made for you to order food online from the Makers Cafe for Lunch and Dinner, and these meals will be delivered to your door
- You can also purchase ready to make items from the cafe to prepare your own breakfast(s)
- Laundry facilities will not be available during the quarantine period so please come prepared with 10-14 days worth of clean clothing
- Lastly, if you take prescription medications please come prepared with at least a 10-14 day supply
No Guest Policy
- Until further notice, residents are not allowed to have any visitors. This policy will be revisited as the San Francisco Shelter in Place order is updated.
What will it be like to live on campus during this time?
Our team of RAs and professional staff prepare to support students in quarantine with meal/food/package/mail delivery, and ensure they have the resources and support they need during this time. ResEd will be providing various living and learning programming throughout the year, while also following local health and safety protocols such as face coverings, social distancing, and proper hand washing. Learn more about our community building strategies in times of Coronavirus.
All residents are required to participate in a daily symptom check. Download the #campusclear App before your arrival.
Please direct questions as follows: