Need Help?

CCA Logo

Reframe / Learning

Last updated on Aug 19, 2021

The pandemic created an academic environment that is different from what any of us imagined. But this is CCA—we’re distinctly equipped to handle a change in plans, and your faculty have been reimagining art education for remote learning since last summer, imagining creative possibilities for studio work from anywhere. Here you’ll find information to help you navigate this unusual time and have a robust, high-quality academic experience.

Online Learning: A Student’s Guide

Wherever and whenever you are, CCA faculty and staff want to support you. Make sure you’re set up for success with Online Learning: A Student’s Guide, where you’ll find access and guides to online learning technologies, student making and technology support, online CCA services, your Zoom login, and more. You’ll also find important dates and reminders, announcements, and policy updates here.

Additional Resources for Incoming Students

New students should visit the Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment Checklists for information and insights to help navigate a remote or hybrid semester, and to be set up for success.

Software Licenses

CCA has secured off-campus access to most software needed for class projects. Many of our titles are already free or available to students (such as Adobe), and many vendors are offering discounted or free software to allow students to succeed in their courses. Software license offers for students and faculty impacted by the COVID–19 pandemic can be found here: Creative Software.

Financial Support and Resources

We recognize that some students and their families are experiencing unexpected financial hardship due to the disruptions caused by COVID–19. If you need financial assistance to purchase equipment and supplies, access the technology required for remote learning, or basic household needs, there are several programs available that may be able to help. Find out more about the financial resources available, including funding from the Federal CARES Act, and how to file a financial aid petition if your circumstances have changed due to the pandemic.

Students and families who are experiencing financial difficulties due to the pandemic are encouraged to contact:

Both of these offices are here to help.

Mental Health Support

If you need of mental health support, please consider the following resources:

  • CCA 24/7 mental health crisis hotline: 510-594-5099
  • CCA counseling: 510-594-3670 (non-urgent consultations, referrals, and appointments)
  • California Mental Health Warm Line: 855-845-7415 or visit online to take advantage of its instant messenger service.

IMMEDIATE RISK: If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of harming yourself self or others, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.

During the campus closure, CCA Counseling Services continues to provide services. For detailed information about consultation, referral, and appointment availability, check the Counseling Services Tele-Mental-Health portal page. For additional mental health resources, visit Student Resources for Mental Health during COVID–19.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or text HELLO to the Crisis Text Line 741741. If you identify as LGBTQ, contact the TrevorLifeline by calling their 24/7 line at 866-488-7386 or text START to their text line 678678.

If you need assistance contacting a healthcare provider or if you have questions regarding your student insurance coverage, email

For additional assistance or referrals please fill out a CCA Care Form.

Helpful Contacts

Student Records

Course schedule & registration information

Send an email | 510-594-3651

Academic Advising

Academic advisors will be available to assist undergraduate students.

Find your advisor | Schedule an appointment

Graduate chairs and program managers will be available to assist graduate students.

Financial Aid

Financial aid and support

Send an email | Schedule an appointment


Housing, Dining, and Residential Education

Contact Information

International Student Affairs and Programs (ISAP)

Assistance for international students, including advising for students on F-1 and J-1 visas.

Send an email | Schedule an appointment