Preparing for February 1 return to in-person instruction
Posted January 28, 2022, 12:28 PM
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We hope that your semester is off to a great start. As a reminder, regular, in-person instruction will resume as planned beginning Tuesday, February 1. Read on for some important reminders about returning to campus.
Masks, boosters, and testing before returning to campus
- Masks are required on campus for all members of the CCA community. Vaccinated individuals may still remove masks while outdoors, but unvaccinated individuals are still required to wear masks at all times. In addition, indoor masking continues to be required in Makers Cafe except when actively eating or drinking. Surgical masks or higher-level respirators (e.g., N95s, KN95s, KF94s) with a good fit are recommended over cloth masks, which are less effective against the Omicron variant of COVID-19. Masks are available for purchase, while supplies last, in the Market Street convenience store located near the salad bar in Makers Cafe.
- All members of the CCA community are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to receive a booster shot by January 31, 2022. We strongly encourage students to receive them as soon as they are eligible. Instructions to update your vaccination and booster status are here.
- Before returning to campus or moving into student housing, all faculty, staff, and students must test negative for COVID-19. We will accept PCR, at-home, or rapid tests, but test results should be dated within 72 hours of your first visit to campus. CCA Community members should upload their negative test results on Workday where they will be reviewed by CCA's COVID Response Team or Human Resources. Instructions to upload COVID-19 test results are here.
Isolation and quarantine for positive cases, symptoms, or close contact
If you have a positive test, are showing symptoms, or have had close contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19, you should follow these instructions:
- Use this form to self-report your case.
- Begin quarantine or isolation immediately (if appropriate). You can determine if you should quarantine or isolate based on the protocols outlined here.
- You will be contacted by a member of our team who will collect information from you, guide you on your next steps, and alert anyone who may need to be notified.
If you have questions, please contact COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
Verify your vaccination documents
- All students, faculty, and staff must have their vaccination documentation verified when they return to campus. Once your vaccination documents are verified, you will receive a sticker for your CCA ID. If you were on campus this fall and have already verified your vaccination status, no further action is required.
- On San Francisco’s campus, you may visit the table by the front entrance of 1111 8th Street until February 11 or the front desk on the 2nd floor in 80 Carolina from February 14th onwards. On Oakland’s campus, you may visit the public safety desk at the Oliver Arts Center to have your documents verified and to receive your ID sticker. Vaccination documents may be validated during move-in for residential students
- Indoor dining at Maker's Cafe will be available only for fully vaccinated patrons with a vaccine verification sticker on their ID. To-go and outdoor dining will remain available for patrons who are not fully vaccinated. Makers Cafe is not open to the general public at this time.
Remember to bookmark Reframe: A Safe Return to CCA where we will post the most up-to-date information about returning to campus. If you have questions, please email COVIDresponse@cca.edu.
Our CCA community has shown care and compassion for one another throughout the ongoing pandemic, and we’re proud of our high vaccination rates, how seriously each of you has taken the precautions we have outlined, and the thoughtful comments and suggestions we have received about precautions we may all take. We look forward to seeing you on campus next week!
Tammy Rae Carland, Provost
Mara Hancock, CIO & SVP of Operations
Maira Lazdins, AVP of Human Resources