Family & Friends
CCA's 114th Commencement Experience (2021)
Bringing the Ceremony to You
We are looking forward to celebrating this year's commencement class with you, and we’ve created a two-part video experience!
PART 1: Commencement Ceremony Video Watch Party – Public, Live, and Interactive
SAVE THE DATE:
Monday, May 10, 2021
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Pacific) [Time Zone Converter]
- This video, including ceremony speeches and special performances, will premiere on CCA's YouTube channel Monday, May 10 for all to watch and experience together in real time. To participate in the interactive live chat, create or log into your YouTube account. Be sure to subscribe to CCA’s YouTube channel – no tickets or password required!
- For families and friends in China, we’ve partnered with our student group, Chinese Student Scholar Association, to host a Film Screening in China on Saturday, May 15 at 7 p,m. (China Standard Time).
- Unable to join the watch party? No worries! All of the videos will remain online to view at your convenience.
- Bonus! Sneak peek of our mistress of ceremonies Juhnay Arabesque! Juhnay is a San Francisco queer performing artist, creative, educator, and importantly "a magical queen that serves you all the class, with some real-ness on the side." Juhnay shares, "The ceremony is virtual, but trust me – this ain't no Zoom call."
View our teaser video with the lovely Juhnay Arabesque
PART 2: Divisional Celebration Videos – CCA Community + Guests Only (password protected) and On Demand
- Divisional celebration videos are the students’ special moment on their virtual commencement stage! The videos will include remarks from the divisional dean and a dedicated slide for each student, including their name, degree, program, and featured image (if submitted).
- Talk with your student for the information about how to watch the divisional celebration videos.
Commencement DIY Digital Toolkit
Invitations, posters, T-shirts, mugs, Zoom backgrounds, and more! To help you celebrate, CCA has designed a digital DIY Commencement Kit.
- Check it out to see what's available to order, customize, download, and print. Decide how you want to create your commencement moment online or in person with friends and family, and sign up for a free Canva account to get started.
- Trouble downloading the files? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the digital DIY Commencement Kit
Class of 2021 Events & Resources
CCA is proud to celebrate the Class of 2021 and welcome them into the alumni community. We've created a dedicated page listing events and programs planned leading up to and beyond Commencement to be in community with peers and academic programs, to provide networking opportunities, and to share resources in support of creative careers. Please encourage your students to visit this page.
Purchase Gown (Optional)
We have partnered with Herff Jones, an academic regalia vendor, for you to purchase and ship direct to you at an affordable cost. The renew gown save 29 bottles from the landfill – the highest industry standard for green gowns. You are positively impacting the environment by:
- One Renew gown saves 29 bottles from the landfill
- Every Renew gown saves the energy equivalent of 1/2 gallon of gas
- Consumes 2.1 liters less drinking water
- Decreases the effects of global warming through 1.5lbs fewer CO2 emissions or greenhouse gas
- Certified as being made from 100% recycled materials
- Renew has a soft hand and is a lightweight polyester fabric
This year, students have the option to purchase their own academic regalia from Herff Jones or through other online retailer. Purchase of academic regalia is not required but optional.
Note: The 2021 commencement class, who have completed their Commencement Questionnaire will be mailed a commencement DIY kit will include a tam, class stole of gratitude, and tassel.
Interested in receiving emails about commencement? Here are two ways to do so:
1) Encourage your student to fill out the Commencement Questionnaire by the March 22 (Deadline Extended!)
Your student has received emails informing them about participating in this year's commencement experience. One of the steps to participating is filling out the Commencement Questionnaire form (instructions) which provides a field for your contact information to be submitted. Please encourage your students to do so!
2) Have your student notify us that they have submitted their Commencement Questionnaire form
If you would like to be added to the email communication sooner, please have your student email us if their questionnaire has already been submitted. They can email us at email@example.com.
Don't forget to visit our Frequently Asked Question (FAQ).