Coronavirus (COVID–19) Information and Updates
CCA is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and following the guidance and recommendations of public health agencies. As the situation continues to change rapidly, our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our CCA community, as well as our neighbors and loved ones at home. We are planning for several contingency scenarios and taking informed action to protect our community while ensuring the quality of learning outcomes, students’ progress toward their degrees, and continuity of campus operations.
This page will be regularly updated as more information is available.
What You Need to Know
- Read CCA's Return to Campus Plan.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times on CCA's campuses.
- CCA's spring 2021 semester will be conducted remotely, with gradually increased access to shops, studios, and facilities as health protocols allow.
- The spring 2021 semester will start one week later than originally planned, on Monday, January 25, 2021.
- We will not have a spring break in order to maintain health and safety guidelines around quarantining.
- CCA campus housing remains open for students who need it. Students not currently living on campus may move in mid-January before courses begin, or in mid-March. Housing will remain open through the summer.
- CCA's fall 2020 semester will be conducted remotely. Learn more about our approach to fall semester.
- Faculty, staff, and students must complete a #CampusClear Daily Health Assessment prior to entering campus.
- Housing + Dining Protocols for fall 2020 semester
- Learn about State of California and the City of San Francisco stay at home orders .
- All in-person tours, admissions events, public events, and exhibitions are canceled or postponed indefinitely. Virtual tours and admissions appointments are still available.
- Workplace Guidelines for CCA employees are available here.
- Do you have a question related to the impact of COVID–19 on the CCA community? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to get you an answer.
The COVID–19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation. Ongoing updates to the CCA Community are available at the links below.
- November 18, 2020: Communication to Students about Spring 2021
- November 2, 2020: Spring 2021 Schedule
- October 12, 2020: Important Update: Spring 2021 Semester
- July 20, 2020: Fall 2020 semester will be online
- June 25, 2020: CCA Return to Campus: Maximum Impact, Minimum Contact
- May 6, 2020: Message to students from the provost and vice president of Student Affairs regarding planning for the fall semester
- April 20, 2020: Status of summer classes and programs
- March 19, 2020: Message from the president and provost regarding Commencement, housing, and campus closure
- March 18, 2020: Important Details & Information to Students from the Provost
- March 16, 2020: Public health officials issue "stay at home" order
- March 15, 2020: Remote learning extended through the end of spring semester, most staff to work from home, employees will continue to be paid
- March 11, 2020: In-person classes suspended
- March 9, 2020: Information regarding travel and events
- March 5, 2020: Preparedness, study abroad, prevention
- January 24, 2020: Prevention and resources
- January 22, 2020: Public health announcement: novel coronavirus
In response to the health risk posed by the spread of COVID-19, all CCA classes will take place remotely for the fall semester. This decision was made in alignment with recent recommendations and guidance from state and local health officials.
Read the COVID-19 Information for Students page for additional details, guidance, and other important information.
While teaching remotely is a departure from CCA’s learning experience, our department chairs will work with their faculty to facilitate alternative lesson plans that accommodate students’ needs and meet the course learning outcomes for their classes. Faculty may choose to deliver instruction through the use of a variety of tools, such as Zoom or other web-based applications.
Read the COVID-19 Information for Faculty page for additional details, guidance, and other important information.
Out of concern for the safety and well-being of students, staff, and faculty, the college will not return to in-person instruction until it is safe to do so. At this time only Essential Employees and Essential Business as defined in the most current Public Health Orders from San Francisco and Alameda Counties are permitted on campus.
Read the COVID-19 Information for Staff page for additional details, guidance, and other important information.
CCA’s top priority is the safety and well-being of our students. We are responding to the evolving COVID–19 pandemic with guidance from local, state, and federal agencies. As global citizens and good neighbors, it is our responsibility to join the efforts to prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
Read the COVID-19 Information for Parents page for additional details, guidance, and other important information.