Plant Archiving / Seed Library Subcommittee
The mission of the Plant Archiving/Seed Library Subcommittee is to honor the historic ecology of the Oakland Campus by documenting, preserving, and archiving the history of plants and grounds of the CCA Oakland Campus.
The goals of the subcommittee include:
- Collection and propagation of plants for future planting in the unified San Francisco campus or in CCA community members’ gardens;
- Conservation and storage of seeds in an expanded Seed Library;
- Photographic documentation of plant identification and campus location;
- Construction of a native California garden on the Oakland campus in its final years; and
- Collection and preservation of narratives related to the plants and grounds.
This project is an extension and expansion of the current Seed Library archived in Meyer Library on the Oakland campus, which was spearheaded by Associate Professor Susanne Cockrell, Adjunct Professor Sasha Duerr, and alum Rosa Novak.
Associate Professor & Co-Chair, Jewelry Metal Arts
Plant Archiving/Seed Library Subcommittee Lead
Seed Library, photograph by Deborah Valoma