Access / Disability Services
At CCA, we believe in creating an inclusive learning environment for all students.
Our Access / Disability Services team is committed to fostering an accessible educational journey, empowering you with the resources and guidance to navigate your experience with confidence and a sense of belonging.
Whether you have a permanent or temporary disability, including pregnancy-related conditions, we are available to support you.
How to Access Support & Services
To obtain services you will need to do the following:
- Schedule an intake appointment: This is your first step. Our team is ready to meet with you and learn more about your experience. We can review the next steps together and assist you through any obstacles you may have in obtaining documentation, navigating health insurance, etc.
- Documentation of Disability: Since the amount and type of documentation required will depend on the individual situation and specific requests, feel free to wait until after your first meeting to share this with us. You can share documentation in the steps below if you have documentation already. Feel free to share CCA's documentation guidelines with your clinician as well.
- Complete the necessary forms:
- Agreement Form
- Intake Form (for any academic accommodations)
- Housing / Meal Plan Accommodations Request Form (for any housing / meal-plan-related accommodations)
- Optional: Authorize a third-party to receive your information (if someone plans to join you during a meeting)
- Interactive Discussion During Your Appointment: We will discuss the barriers you experience and what types of accommodations may improve access. This conversation is key to understanding your unique experiences.
- Opt-In to Approved Accommodations Each Semester: Once your accommodations are set, to ensure your accommodations are communicated to your instructors, you will need to opt-in at the start of each semester.
- Stay in Touch: If you have any questions, or concerns, or need to adjust your accommodations, let's meet. We understand your access sets you up for success, so it is our top priority.
Ready to Start?
Schedule Your Appointment to begin the interactive process.
For any questions or more information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to partnering with you in your academic journey at CCA!
Renewing and Opting-In for Your Accommodations
To ensure you continue to receive accommodations, renew and opt-in for these services each semester.
- This is also your opportunity to consent to us sending your accommodation letters to your instructors, ensuring they are aware of and can implement your accommodations. Your privacy and choices are respected in this process.
- Your letter will be sent to you, with your instructors' emails blind carbon copied.
- We encourage you to meet with your instructor to let them know about potential barriers in their course and how the accommodations mitigate them.
Note: Housing & Meal Plan Accommodations follow a similar process outlined on a separate page below.