Access / Disability Services
Access / Disability Services Mission
Providing access to a diverse student population is embedded in the philosophy of the California College of the Arts.
We recognize disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to the campus community. Accordingly, CCA's Disability Services collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to advocate for inclusive and sustainable learning environments.
The mission of Disability Services is to ensure that all students can access the learning environment at CCA. Disability Services accomplish this by ensuring students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities at CCA and by providing all students access to disability support services.
(Note: Faculty members should review the Faculty Guide to Disability Services to ensure they are in compliance with the recommendations and policies set forth by the Disability Services.)
Access / Disability Services are Available Remotely!
- Student appointments will be held virtually via ZOOM (video conference) or in person by requested appointment.
- Students in different time zones during break periods can be accommodated for a scheduled meeting
- Please email email@example.com to request an intake appointment and virtual meeting.
- [For Faculty] Serving Students With Disabilities: Remote Online Learning
- [For Students] Strategies for Remote Online Learning
How to Access Support & Services
Disability Services provides support to enrolled students who have a documented permanent or temporary physical, psychological or sensory disability (including pregnancy-related disabilities) that qualifies them for academic accommodations under the law. To obtain services through Disability Services, you will need to do the following:
- Submit documentation of the diagnosed disability from a qualified treatment provider. Documentation must follow CCA's documentation guidelines
- Complete the respective forms (Intake Form, Housing Accommodations Request Form, Agreement Form, Consent for Exchange of Confidential Information Form) and follow procedures for the services requested
- Contact the Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an intake appointment
- Discuss the kind of support needed in the initial appointment
- Follow up with Disability Services if you have any questions or concerns about the services