Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force (DEIBTF) was established by the college as the action arm for DEIB efforts. DEIBTF core members are the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Assistant Dean of Students for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement, Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Partnerships, Director of Institutional Research, and Director of the President's Office.
The charge of the DEIBTF is to develop and implement activities that foster a community-wide understanding of diversity and inclusion, and support ongoing growth towards cultural competence, including cultural literacy and cultural fluency across all aspects of the college.
The work is ongoing and evolving. Some of the accomplishments of the DEIBTF include:
- Select and implement the DiversityEdu training for all faculty, staff and students
- Implement the Oregon State University “search advocate” training for mitigating bias in the hiring process for ranked faculty searches
- Develop and offer workshops for faculty and staff to continue the conversations initiated through DiversityEdu
- Revise and update the Cultural Competence Commitments + Goals
- Explore restorative/transformative justice models at other higher education institutions and organizations to support the college’s work around the DEIB framework and offer guidance to new leadership in this area