Chase Center / Warriors Stadium
Opening September 6, 2019, the Chase Center will host 200+ concerts and events throughout the year in addition to the Warriors home games.
Location: 1 South Street, San Francisco, CA 94158 (less than 1 mile from CCA's SF Campus)
Seating Capacity: 18,064. It is San Francisco's only full-sized arena that will seat more than 12,000 people.
Transit Overview: Using public transit to get to the Stadium is the way to go! Event/Game tickets will include a Muni pass, therefore the influx of event patrons to the surrounding areas, will bring the following:
- Improved public transit services to the neighborhood, increase in number of busses during event hours.
- Improved pedestrian safety measures, notably along 16th street, and adjacent areas.
- Expanded North bound lanes, and bike paths added to 7th Street between 16th and Townsend, improved traffic flow and safety.
- The UCSF/Chase Center Muni Metro platform was expanded to accommodate 1,600 passengers at a time.
- Parking located below Chase Center will contain 950 on-site parking stalls, including 29 car charging spaces.
- Chase Center will be a bicycle-friendly space with over 300 permanent bike valet spaces.
- An interim ferry landing service at Pier 48 will be operational for special events.
Impact to CCA - SF:
- Increased traffic congestion on event days, which may result in Intercampus shuttle delays (mostly evenings).
- Increased ridership on Public Transit including CalTrain, Muni, BART, MissionBay Shuttle.
- Increased pedestrians, bicyclists, scooters and mopeds in the area.
- Limited parking availability on event days, and special event rates for parking meters. The only CCA-adjacent street with meters that will have special event rates is 7th Street, see Chase Center presentation below for further details on other metered areas, with detailed maps.
- The lot located at 1140 7th Street (aka CCA Back Lot) will post special event parking rates managed by ProPark. These rates will not apply to CCA staff, faculty, students. Please be prepared to show your CCA ID to the parking attendant on days where special event rates are posted. At this time, the lot will be staffed on all major event days to manage demand.
In the future:
- Starting in early 2020, Central Subway trains will link to Chase Center from Powell Street Station, providing Bart and Muni riders access to Chase Center via a pedestrian subway from Powell Street Station to Union Square Station.
- A future ferry is planned to open in late 2021, providing direct water access to Chase Center.
In preparation for the start of the Fall term at CCA, and the opening of the Chase Center, please carefully review the following resources.
Transit Plans (Presented to CCA on August 1)
Consider signing up to receive notifications of Chase Center events, so you can plan accordingly!
- Sign up to receive alerts from SFMTA, upon registering you may opt in for "Chase Center Transportation Updates" under the Agency News Category. Here you may also select other specific transit service updates on routes specific to your commute.
- Sign up to receive alerts from UCSF, they've done a great job and compiling an alerts calendar!