Street Parking: Very limited four hour and two hour parking is available along streets adjacent to the San Francisco campus. Public transportation, shuttles, carpool, biking and/or ride-share (Lyft/Uber) is strongly suggested. With the opening of the Chase Center, and many near bye construction projects (including ours!) street parking is increasingly difficult to find.
- Hours of Operation: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
- Daily Rates Vary Check Kiosk
- Monthly Parking Available: Current rate is $150 per mo (subject to change, check with Operator)
- Payment by credit card only upon exit (cash not accepted except for on special event days)
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging: A Juice Bar with 2 level 2 chargers is available at no additional fee. EV owners are eligible to receive 50% off the daily rate (-$6 per day). Please see the CCA security desk located at 1111 8th Street for EV charging parking validation. This discount is only valid for Staff, Faculty, Students of CCA (please show your badge).
ADA: There is ample paid ADA parking available in the lot above (1140 7th Street), at the corner of Eighth and Irwin Streets and in the permit only parking lot located at 80 Carolina Street. Anyone in the CCA community with a state issued ADA permit is required to park in these spaces.
The lot located at 80 Carolina street is fully assigned and by permit only. For more information please refer to on campus parking permit policies.
Street Parking: Limited free street parking is available on Clifton Street and other residential streets near the Oakland campus.
Faculty Parking: Faculty teaching during the current term are eligible for a parking permit that will allow use of the first-come first-served spaces (1-13) on the right hand side of the above ground parking lot on Clifton Street @ Broadway. To obtain a permit, visit the CCA's Oakland Public Safety Desk (in the Oliver Art Center).
- Oakland's Public Safety Desk only issues permits Monday - Friday between 8 AM and 4 PM
ADA: parking is available by state permit in the front of the faculty parking lot on Clifton Street and on Clifton Street.
The parking garage beneath Clifton Hall is fully assigned and parking is only allowed with a CCA issued permit. For more information please refer to on campus parking permit policies.
CCA does not offer parking to students, as our campuses are located in urban dense environments where public transit is the recommended mode of transportation. Parking is very expensive and limited in both Oakland and San Francisco. CCA strictly enforces a no car policy for the first and second year students, and incoming transfer students that are required to live in CCA housing.