16th Street Improvement Project (SFMTA)
Posted December 15, 2017, 10:29 AM
Updated December 15, 2017, 11:03 AM
The proposed 16th Street Improvement Project will improve transit reliability and travel time, while addressing safety and accessibility for all users of the 16th Street corridor. It will address the transportation needs of current and future residents, workers and visitors to the southeastern portion of the 22 Fillmore route along 2.3 miles of 16th Street, including transit-only lanes, transit bulbs, new traffic and pedestrian signals, as well as new streetscape amenities.
This project is part of Muni Forward, an ongoing initiative to create a safe, reliable and comfortable experience on and off transit.
- Fall 2017 - Early implementation of project features
- Early 2018 - Construction
- Early 2020 - Predicted Completion
- Transit Only Lanes
- Accessible Pedestrian Signals and Visible Crosswalks
- New Bus Shelters and Boarding Islands
- Bus Bulbs for Easier/Safer Boarding
- Bus Priority Traffic Signals
- New Trees and Streetscape Improvements
Bus Routes and Rail Lines Impacted
- 16th Street, 17th Street, 3rd Street
Fine out more about the project and sign up for email updates here.