January 9, 2017
0.2.03 marks the release of the Portal shops catalog and shop pages. Most of CCA's fabulous shops, labs, and studios are represented with a few shops available soon after they receive some additional polish.
The ETS web development team has been working for the last 9 months with studio managers and other stakeholders to build the catalog. The team initially populated the catalog with information from CCA.edu and other sites and then trained the studio managers to maintain the pages themselves.
This release also contains a brand new look incorporating CCA's new brand guidelines.
- 1st release of the shops catalog and shops pages, including:
- Searching and filtering by program, materials, and campus.
- Favoriting frequently accessed shops.
- Shop pages include shop name and sub-title, hours, location, access rules, studio managers, contact information, detail description, materials, equipment, online resources, and a calendar. (Some elements are optional depending on the needs of the shop.)
- Tagging shops with materials based on the catalog of materials in the Materials Library.
- Rolling out the WagTail content management system.
- Integration with Google calendars.
- Studio manager training and documentation.
- New look using campus branding guidelines.