The requirements, reviews, and curriculum for CCA's Furniture program are designed such that graduating students successfully achieve the following program learning outcomes:
- Technical competency in making including woodworking, metalworking, upholstery utilizing both analog and digital means to produce finished pieces of furniture.
- Technical competency in drawing including hand drawing both sketching and working drawings, and computer drafting.
- Knowledge of the history and theory of 20th and 21st Century furniture design and practice.
- Understanding of a wide range of manufacturing processes appropriate to furniture design and making.
- Understanding current and emerging business and entrepreneurial strategies required to succeed.
- Ability to design, build and mount an exhibition of a conceptually sophisticated and professionally achieved body of work.