The requirements, reviews, and curriculum for CCA's Writing and Literature program are designed such that graduating students successfully achieve the following program learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate mastery of the craft by engaging in extensive study of genre and literary analysis.
- Develop skills in writing and revision in an artistic community that includes writers and other artists.
- Demonstrate mastery of various literary theories, research, and techniques.
- Cultivate a knowledge of classic and contemporary literature and how your work fits within and reimagines multiple literary traditions.
- Contribute to the vibrant Bay Area arts community through internships and social engagement.
- Perform all activities in an ethical and professional manner through the production of original work and engagement in constructive criticism and evaluation in a workshop setting.
- Produce original works of literature, culminating in a thesis of publishable quality and of high literary merit.
- Cultivate an understanding of literary journals and book publishers including innovative publishing and digital platforms.