Google Classroom - Students
Google Classroom is available to CCA through their partnership with Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals, the free suite of productivity tools including, but not limited to, Docs, Drive, and Slides.
Classroom is a learning management system that simplifies uploading, collecting, and grading assignments in a paperless way through integration with Google Drive.
Faculty and students can also interact in an online discussion through the use of the stream within Google Classroom.
What Can It Do?
- It provides a virtual space for faculty and students to interact with assignments. Instructors can upload syllabi, assignments, and supplementary materials to their classroom that students can view and download.
- Instructors can also create assignments that students can complete and submit within Google classroom. Google Drive and Google Docs are seamlessly integrated into Classroom so you can pull files to and from your Drive as well as upload files from your hard drive.
- Instructors can post announcements and questions to students in the real-time class stream, creating discussion amongst students in the class.
Accessing Google Classroom
Google Classroom is quick and easy for faculty to set up. It improves organization, enhances communication between students and instructors, and cuts down the time it takes to collect and grade assignments.
You must be logged into your CCA gmail account in order to access Google Classroom.
Navigate to classroom.google.com to get started. You can use Google Classroom from your browser or through the iOS and Android apps. Classes are not automatically created so your course will only appear if your instructor has created it and invited you to join with a class code. Once you log in through your CCA account at classroom.google.com, click "Join" and enter the class code.
Want to know more about setting up a Google Classroom?
- Visit The Google Classroom Help Center.
- You can also view these lessons on how everything works.