The College hosts faculty weeks prior to the start of the fall semester, and after the end of the spring semester. All ranked faculty are required to attend faculty week events and be available for meetings scheduled by their program or division. Unranked faculty are invited to attend any faculty week event, and are required to attend any meetings specific to their course teaching assignments that semester. All new faculty (ranked and unranked) are required to attend new faculty orientation (held in January for spring hires).
CCA’s Exhibitions team invites all faculty to participate in Stories of Us, the 2023 Faculty Exhibition. The sign-up deadline is August 18 with artwork drop-off times from 8/22-8/24 during Faculty Week. More information can be found here.
MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 2023
- New Chairs Orientation 9:30 - 11:00 AM (New chairs should check their GoogleCal for an invitation)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2023
- General campus tour 9:00 - 9:30 AM | Meet at the Public Safety Desk at 450 Irwin
- New to campus? We're taking a lap around our San Francisco facilities and meeting some key staff along the way.
- New Faculty Orientation 9:00 - 10:30 AM (see GoogleCal invite for more details)
- Insider Guide to CCA Libraries 10:30 - 11:00 AM | Simpson Library, Main Building (1111 8th Street, SF, CA)
- Join CCA's Instructional Services Librarian Daniel Ransom on a tour of everything CCA Libraries have to offer. Learn secret techniques for using CCA Libraries Search, discover unique and fascinating items from our collections, and discuss ways to engage students in activities that will hone their research skills. Sign up via the Teaching Lab GoogleCal.
- Gen Z Mindset & Pedagogy 10:30 - 11:30 AM | 184 Hooper, Room G7
- Join our First Year Program Chair for insights into working with Gen Z students
- Moodle 4.0 Walkthrough 11:10 AM - 12:00 PM | via Zoom
- Moodle.cca.edu has a new look! Join us for a walkthrough of what's new in Moodle 4.0. You are welcome to explore the new Moodle look before coming to the workshop and bring your questions with you. This workshop not only targets returning faculty who have experience with the previous version of Moodle but is also friendly for new faculty as Moodle beginners. Sign up via the Teaching Lab GoogleCal.
- Interpreting Accommodations 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G7
- Explore strategies to effectively navigate and implement student accommodations, ensuring inclusivity and academic success.
- Special Collections 1:00 - 1:30 PM | Simpson Library, Main Building (1111 8th Street, SF, CA)
- Learn about CCA libraries special collections and how to access them for your courses. We'll look at artists' books, science equipment, material samples and more. Sign up via the Teaching Lab GoogleCal.
- Best Practices for Multi-Language Learners 1:00 - 1:50 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G7
- Brush up on your skills for working with multi-language learners across the college and learn new ways to help them achieve success.
- Language Justice 2:00 - 2:30 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G7
- Explore the principles of language justice and strategies to ensure every voice is valued in your classroom.
- AI Forum & Demos 2:00 - 3:00 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G4
- Join your colleagues for a discussion about the impact generative AI is having on arts education.
- Mental Health 2:30 - 3:00 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G7
- Gain insights into the impact of mental health on student performance and discover practical approaches for creating a more understanding classroom environment.
- Campus Tech Tour / Moodle Drop-in Help 3:10 - 4:00 PM | Simpson Library, Main Building (1111 8th Street, SF, CA)
- This is your opportunity to learn about CCA's tech resources for faculty and meet the Instructional Design team. Sign up via the Teaching Lab GoogleCal.
- The Social Practice of Belonging 3:10 - 4:00 PM | 184 Hooper, Room G4
- Join CCA's VP of DEIB for an informative and interactive session on fostering belonging in the classroom.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2023
- Chair Retreat 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Moodle Building Party 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM | via Zoom
- An open time to come work on your Moodle course (or other teaching technologies) with the Instructional Services and Technology Team! You can come with a specific question or just hang out on Zoom with us while you're working. No RSVP required!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2023
- Faculty Senate Meeting 10:00 AM–12:00 PM | via Zoom
- Architecture Division All Faculty Meeting 1:00 - 2:30 PM | via Zoom (Architecture faculty, please see calendar invite for Zoom details)
- Design Division All Faculty Meeting 1:00 – 3:00 PM | via Zoom (Design faculty, please see calendar invite for Zoom details)
- Fine Arts Division All Faculty Meeting 1:00 - 2:30 PM | via Zoom (Fine Arts faculty, please see calendar invite for Zoom details)
- Humanities & Sciences Division All Faculty Meeting 1:00 - 2:30 PM | via Zoom (H&S faculty, please see calendar invite for Zoom details)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2023
- Undergraduate & Graduate Architecture & Interior Design program meetings 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (check with your program chair for more details)
- CCA Convocation Day 1:40 - 3:00 PM | Nave, Main Building (1111 8th Street, SF, CA)
- Join the presidents, VP's, and Deans in an important community gathering - an official welcome into the CCA community!
- Chimerapalooza! 3:10 - 5:00 PM | Nave & Nave Presentation Space, Main Building (1111 8th Street, SF, CA)
- There will be something for everyone at this Welcome to CCA social.