TELE-MENTAL-HEALTH HOW TO & FAQ
Tele-Mental-Health Services are now available to book online for:
- Enrolled CCA Students
- Students who currently and will continue to reside in California.
State Licensing Laws currently prohibit our California Licensed Staff from providing mental health services with students located in other states. We will update our policies if and when these laws change.
Fall 2020 appointments will be available online from Wednesday September 2nd, 2020-Friday December 18th 2020.
- Scheduling for appointments for Fall Session will be available starting on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020.
- We will be closed for the observation of the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, November 26th, 2020 and Friday, November 27th, 2020.
CCA Counseling will be closed for the administrative winter break from Wednesday December 23rd 2020- Wednesday January 6th 2021.
- During this time Counseling staff will not be responding to calls or emails. If you need urgent or immediate support please call our Mental Health Crisis hotline at 510 594 5099.
CCA Counseling will begin an administrative in service from Thursday January 7th -Tuesday January 19th 2021.
- Ongoing weekly appointments will not be available however phone consultations and referrals will continue at 510 594 3670 and our crisis hotline is available 24/7, 365 at 510 594 5099.
- We will be closed for observation of the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday on Monday January 18th 2021.
Spring 2021 appointments will be available starting Tuesday January 19th, 2021.
- Scheduling for appointments for the Spring 2021 Semester will be available starting on Tuesday, January 12th 2021.
ADDITIONAL COUNSELING SESSIONS FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS
Are you completing your graduate or undergraduate CCA degree this spring or summer? Counseling Services is offering five additional counseling sessions to students who are graduating in spring 2021 or summer 2021. If you are eligible for CCA's Tele-Mental-Health appointments, you are eligible for these additional five sessions even if you have already used your 10 counseling sessions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- How can you access the five additional appointments?
- Currently in counseling?
- Please talk to your current counselor.
- Have you already ended counseling?
- Please reach out to your former counselor.
- Currently in counseling?
(Please note: This policy change is specific and time bound to this academic year due to the unique circumstances facing graduating students during the pandemic; it is not a permanent policy change.)
Questions? Please reach out directly to your counselor -- their contact information is available on the Staff Contact Information Page.
How to Book an Appointment
If you meet the above criteria and want to book an appointment for Tele-Mental-Health please visit our online portal at https://ccacounseling.clientsecure.me/home and:
- If this is your first time seeking Tele-Mental-Health through CCA Counseling make sure to:
- Choose the "I'm a new client" option on the main page.
- Choose the "Diagnostic Intake/Evaluation" option when you choose a service.
- If you have already been seen in Tele-Mental-Health through CCA Counseling:
- If you can login in to your client portal and request an appointment please do so. Choose the "Diagnostic Intake/Evaluation" option when you choose a service. Even if you have been seen before this is a new school year and new forms will need to be filled out.
- If you have trouble logging in or accessing the available appointments please contact counseling either through calling our main voicemail at 510 594 3670 or by contacting your former clinician directly.
Please Note: The appointment system does not allow booking appointments less than 48 hours in advance and only shows appointments a week in advance. If you are prompted to call for an appointment, this means that these appointments are available and will be bookable a week before this appointment time the following week(i.e. if you are looking at a Thursday appointment and it is asking you to call, this appointment will be made available to book the Friday BEFORE that Thursday). Please don't hesitate to call our main voicemail at 510 594 3670 if you have questions.
Rescheduling: For ongoing clients or students already being seen in therapy, please do not reschedule your appointment through the online booking system, as this creates an additional profile and causes confusion. If you need to reschedule please contact your clinician directly to find a new time.
If you are an enrolled student but are currently residing outside California, Phone Consultations related to finding Mental Health Support and Resources in you current location are available. Please call 510 594 3670 to request a consultation.
Our Mental Health Crisis hotline is still available for ALL students regardless of their current location. If you are in need of immediate support please call 510 594 5099.
In addition, if you have the Student Health Insurance (Aetna Open Choice PPO) and are not at immediate risk of harming yourself or others or not actively managing a substance use issue or eating disorder and you currently live in one of the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
You can register for and receive counseling online through Inpathy: https://inpathy.com/. Register online through the “get started” prompt. They recommend following up with a phone call if you do not hear back from them within 48 hours after filling out the registration form; they can be reached at 1800 273 8255. You may be charged a co-pay of $20-30 for utilization of this service.