Tele-Mental-Health Services are now available to book online for:
- Enrolled CCA Students (students do not have to have the CCA student health insurance to access counseling services)
- Students who currently and will continue to reside in California.
State Licensing Laws currently prohibit our California Licensed Staff from providing mental health services with students located in other states. We will update our policies if and when these laws change.
Please read the appointment booking instructions below throughly as there are some requirements for booking and accessing counseling appointments that are addressed in the instructions.
How to Book an Appointment
If you meet the above criteria and want to book an appointment for Tele-Mental-Health please visit our new student health portal. If have trouble with the direct link you will visit the site cca.studenthealthportal.com
- You will use your CCA single sign on credentials to log in to the portal
- In the portal you will click on the "Appt Scheduling" option
- To schedule a new appointment click "Schedule Appt" in the drop down bar, read and agree to the terms
- Chose a date range during which you would like to have your initial counseling visit. When chose your date range start with the next days date, if you choose the current day you will get a "no results found" response. The same will happen if you choose a period of longer than 1 week. (Note: These settings exist to ensure there is no double booking)
- Make sure to click on "Initial Counseling Visit" in the "Reason for Appointment" box in order to proceed. (Note: even if you have been seen in counseling this is a new academic year and new forms and consents are required.)
- Chose the date, time and if available your preferred counselor that works for your schedule. (Note: if you imagine you would like ongoing counseling try to chose a date and time that works consistently with your schedule.)
- Required Forms will show up in your student health portal 24 hours before your appointment, please set aside 10-15 minutes in that time frame before your appointment to complete these forms you will not be able to meet with your counselor until these forms are complete
- A zoom link will appear in your student health portal 30 minutes before and remain for 20 minutes after your booked appointment.
Please Note: The appointment system does not allow booking appointments less than 24 hours in advance and only shows appointments one week in advance as noted above. When you book make sure you start with the next days date. If you are not seeing any available appointments it means that there are current no counseling appointments available, and you will need to contact CCA counseling services at 510 594 3670 to either request a referral for services outside CCA counseling or be added to our waitlist for services.
Ongoing Counseling Appointments: After you and your counselor meet for your initial appointment, you will both decide if ongoing counseling, up to 10 sessions per academic year through CCA counseling will meet your needs and if it is an appropriate level of support. If you decide to continue your counselor will book your ongoing appointments that you will access through your student health portal. Do not book ongoing appointments, only schedule your initial appointment.
Rescheduling: For ongoing clients or students already being seen in therapy, please do not reschedule your appointment through the online booking system, as this can causes confusion and you may be booking an appointment that is no longer available. If you need to reschedule please contact your clinician directly to find a new time.
Please don't hesitate to call our main voicemail at 510 594 3670 if you have additional questions and/or are not able to access your student health portal.
If you are an enrolled student but are currently residing outside California, Phone Consultations related to finding Mental Health Support and Resources in you current location are available. Please call 510 594 3670 to request a consultation.
Our Mental Health Crisis hotline is still available for ALL students regardless of their current location. If you are in need of immediate support please call 510 594 5099.
In addition, if you have the Student Health Insurance (Aetna Open Choice PPO) and are not at immediate risk of harming yourself or others or not actively managing a substance use issue or eating disorder and you currently live in one of the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
You can register for and receive counseling online through Array Behavioral Care. Register online through the “get started” prompt. They recommend following up with a phone call if you do not hear back from them within 48 hours after filling out the registration form; they can be reached at 1 800 442 8938. You may be charged a co-pay of $20-30 for utilization of this service.