Need Help?

Skip to Content

CCA Portal

Resources for CCA Faculty & Staff

Last updated on Aug 30, 2023

We have changed our name. Effective immediately, International Student Affairs and Programs (ISAP) is now the International Student Services (ISS) office. Questions? Email us at

Information for employers: Applying for a social security number (SSN)

CCA hiring managers must complete the Social Security Number Request Form (see Resources) when F-1 international students need a SSN for CCA Work Study employment.

  1. Complete the CCA SSN Request Form with employment start date in the future (SSA may reject forms with a past start date)
  2. Provide form directly to student
  3. Inform student to schedule an appointment with an ISS staff member to complete the form and next steps with SSA.

Please note: F-1 international students can only apply for the SSN while inside the United States.

Discussing internships / employment with international students

International students enrolled at CCA in F-1 student status are subject to very specific immigration regulations for off campus employment. Any work that is not provided by CCA as the employer is considered "off campus employment" and requires approval for US employment authorization by ISS (examples: internship, freelance, remote work, and most unpaid work).

Please refer international students to the ISS Employment page or recommend to meet with an ISS staff member for next steps to avoid any violation of their non-immigrant status in the US.

More information about the International Student Lifecycle can be found on Study in the States.

Please contact ISS with any questions!