Transfer Credit Procedures for Continuing Undergraduate Students
The continuing student Transfer Credit Approval Request (TCAR) is a process allowing CCA Undergraduate students to enroll at other institutions and transfer in up to 12 units of credit after starting their academic careers at CCA. All courses must be pre-approved by the Student Records office. Approved courses do not constitute a contractual agreement between CCA and any other school.
By submitting TCARs, students agree that they have reviewed and agreed to the following policies:
- Transfer Credit Policy for Undergraduates
- Transfer Credit During Summer/Winter Terms for Continuing Students
- Senior Residency Requirement
See your Program Advisor for assistance in reviewing your current progress towards degree requirements, potential opportunities for transfer credit, and possible impact on your Academic Progress.
Procedure of Submitting TCAR
All requests for Winter 2022 are due by Monday, December 12, 2022.
Prepare TCAR form
- Decide where you want to study. CCA accepts transfer credit from domestic and international institutions, as long as instruction is in English.
- Visit the external institution’s website and view their course catalog. CCA accepts transfer courses taken online or in-person.
- Search for potential transfer courses using our Key Words Chart as a guide.
- Save a copy of the external course description that includes the external institution name, course name, course code, and the course start and end dates.
Submit TCAR in Workday
Log in to Workday and submit the Academic: Transfer Credit Approval Request for each external course you are requesting transfer credit. Submit one request per course. Please do not submit more than one request per course as this would be considered a duplicate request.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for your request to be processed.
How to View the TCAR Status
Log in to Workday and search "My Requests" in the search bar.
- If it hasn't been reviewed yet, you will see the Status is "In Progress"
- Approved requests have Resolution set as "Done"
- Denied requests have Resolution set as "Denied"
- Duplicate requests (the same request submitted more than once) will have Resolution set as "Duplicate"
What to Do If You Receive an Approval
Once Student Records has approved your transfer request(s), you may complete the course registration process at your chosen institution.
After Course Completion
Send your official transcript to the Student Records Office before the end of the first term back at the college. Please submit official electronic transcripts via Parchment Exchange, or another third party provider directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic transcripts are preferred at this time.
You may also mail official paper transcripts to the Student Records Office, which must be sealed and unopened, with the external college's official insignia or seal.
Student Records Office
California College of the Arts
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107