PROGRAM ADVISORS ARE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS VIA EMAIL, PHONE, AND ZOOM.
We care deeply about our students and are committed to sharing crucial information about academic planning despite the physical distance. We encourage Zoom video appointments whenever possible.
CCA Academic Program Advising & Planning enriches the academic experience and empowers students to take advantage of all academic opportunities and engage in CCA's community at their full unique potential.
Program advisors work closely with students to navigate short and long-term planning toward degree completion by developing strategic application of resources and understanding of policies. We collaborate with partners to evaluate academic needs and inform improvements to the academic experience.
ACADEMIC PLANNING GUIDE
FIRST YEAR GUIDE
LEAVE OF ABSENCE GUIDE
Statement of Student Responsibility
You and the College share responsibility for your education. Taking ownership of your time at CCA, including academic and administrative responsibilities as outlined in the Student Handbook, is crucial to your success. Program advisors are here to support you.
As a student at California College of the Arts, you are expected to:
- Familiarize yourself with relevant policies and all degree requirements specific to your academic program.
- Verify course registration and planning progress towards degree completion regularly.
- Schedule an Advising & Planning Appointment at least once a semester for support in staying on track.
- Inform your program advisor of situations that may disrupt your academic work.
- Check your CCA email account regularly for important information from the college.
- Consult the Academic Calendar regularly for important dates.
- Familiarize yourself with Workday and ensure your personal information is up to date.
- Be proactive, plan ahead, and communicate.
We look forward to partnering with you to make informed and responsible decisions about your education and connecting you with the many opportunities and resources available to you as a CCA student. See our list of Referrals to get started.
FERPA Release of Advising Information
CCA Undergraduate Advising & Planning is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its students. Advising & Planning adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. If you wish to provide a third party access to information related to your academic record, please Set Permissions for a Third Party to Access Your Student Information via Workday.