IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 , ACADEMIC ADVISORS ARE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS VIA PHONE AND ZOOM VIDEO ONLY.
We care deeply about our students and and are committed to sharing crucial information about academic planning despite the physical distance. Please see the following pages for updated information:
- Advising Guides for help in supporting your success, improving your experience, and making informed decisions
- Academic Planning for instructional materials and tools to inform your academic planning and registration
- Advising Appointments to schedule a time to meet with an advisor via phone or Zoom video
CCA Undergraduate Advising advocates for student success. We partner with students to develop and achieve their creative, academic, personal, and professional goals as participants in diverse local and global communities. In collaboration with our advising, students should be able to:
- Navigate policies and systems to find value in all aspects of their educational choices.
- Connect with resources in order to cultivate dynamic creative practices.
- Develop strategies for success with intentionality, integrity, and equanimity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions or concerns regarding advising.
- We Advise. You Decide. Promoting awareness of policies and resources that impact student needs and goals within the context of the community, college, and program.
- You Are Supported. Encouraging self-reflection, self-authorship, and empowerment to develop networks of relationships that strengthen student success.
- We Are With You. Supporting student growth through meaningful interactions that cultivate respect and prioritize self-care.
Academic advisors support students in a variety of ways that include:
- Individual meetings
- Registration support
- Academic planning tools
- Advising events and workshops
- Campus resource referrals
You should regularly review your academic progress, making note of the year in which you entered CCA to ensure that you are meeting the appropriate requirements. Be sure to reference the course guide that corresponds to your major program and effective year for the recommended path in which requirements should be completed.
REGISTRATION + PLANNING
ASK AN ADVISOR BLOG
Learn strategies and skills that can help you succeed academically through our Hack Your Learning Series.
FERPA Release for Academic Advising
CCA Academic Advising is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its students. Academic Advising adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. If you wish to provide a third party access to information related to your advising record, please complete a FERPA Release Form for Academic Advising and return it to email@example.com, cc'ing your academic advisor, from your CCA email address.