Unranked Faculty Union
About the Unranked Faculty Union (SEIU Local 1021)
On May 1, 2017, the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for regular unranked faculty of California College of the Arts went into effect. The CBA covers all regular unranked faculty in academic-degree granting programs. Unranked faculty who have completed the teaching of one or more course lines at CCA in a degree-granting program in two different semesters become regular unranked faculty.
A new round of collective bargaining negotiations has been completed between the college and Local 1021 of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), covering unranked faculty in the positions of Adjunct I, Adjunct II, and Senior Adjunct. The new CBA was ratified by adjunct faculty union members on April 8, 2022 and went into effect on July 1, 2022.
Forms and Resources
Please refer to the Forms and Resources page for information on and links to the following:
- Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for 2022 - 2025
- Non-instructional compensation
- Appointment and benefits eligibility
- Job descriptions
- Development Leave requests
- Wage Table
- Employee EDD Benefits Information
Joint Labor Management Committee (JLMC)
Please refer to the Joint Labor Management Committee page for information on and links to the following:
- JLMC Members
- Meeting minutes
- End of Year Reports
These resources reflect the JLMC from the 2017-2020 CBA. They will be updated to reflect the new CBA after the new JLMC has commenced its meetings. New JLMC members have been selected and are posted on the page.
CCA Unranked Faculty Union Leadership and Stewards Council
This section will provide the contact information for the Chief Steward, Union Stewards, the Chapter President and the SEIU Representative. For a general union contact, please email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Unranked Faculty Union Steward - Erik Parra, First Year Core Studio Program
Union Chapter Leadership
Randy Nakamura, Chapter President
Piper Alldredge, Staff, Vice President of Chapter
Amber Bales, Staff, Chapter Secretary
Melissa Leventon, Fashion Design, Deputy Secretary
Sudhu Tewari, Graduate Design, Union Steward
Piper Alldredge, Staff, Treasurer
Elizabeth Travelsight, Critical Studies, COPE
SEIU Representative: Letizia Zamudio - Letizia.Zamudio@seiu1021.org.
Payroll Deduction Authorization Form in Workday
To enroll or make changes to union-related payroll deduction authorizations, please follow the below instructions.
- Log into Workday and search for your name in the search bar.
- Under your profile name, click on Actions and scroll down to Additional Data.
- Select Edit Effective-Dated Custom Object.
- This will take you to a Complete Questionnaire, where you can select the Staff Union Information process.
- Follow the instructions on this form, which is also noted below.
Union & COPE Political Action Fund Payroll Deduction Authorization Instructions
Use the below instructions to enroll in automatic payroll deductions for your agency fees/union dues and the COPE Political Action Fund contribution (optional). You can also use this form to make changes to your union-related payroll deductions.
1.Select the correct option below based on your employment type at CCA (unranked faculty or staff). NOTE: It is important to make an accurate selection in order to initiate the correct process for your employment type.
2. After you click "submit", you will receive a task in your Workday inbox called "Edit Additional Data". Click the blue button on the task to access the payroll deduction authorization form.
3. On the "Edit Additional Data" screen, you will have the opportunity to review the following authorizations:
- Agency fees/union dues automatic payroll deduction authorization
- COPE Political Action Fund contribution (optional)
4. Select your response for the agency fees/union dues automatic payroll deduction authorization in the first box.
5. Select your response for the COPE Political Action Fund contribution in the second box.
6. Click submit.
You will now have submitted your automatic payroll deduction authorization form and COPE Political Action Fund contribution (optional).
If you need help, reach out to email@example.com.