Visiting the Bay Area
Local Area Information
- San Francisco Bay Area Information (California Travel & Tourism Commission)
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To San Francisco (Secret San Francisco)
- San Francisco (SF Travel Association)
- Weather in San Francisco CA & What to Wear
- Oakland (Visit Oakland)
A note about parking near the CCA campus.
- Parking next to campus is limited to street parking - and many of the spaces have time limits (up to 4 hours).
- To find reservable/paid parking near campus, we recommend using SpotHero and using 1111 8th Street, SF as the location.
- A few of the closest paid lots appear to be located at:
- 100 Henry Adams St. (near the SOMA Design Center)
- 311 Kansas Street (entrance near Starbucks)
- 675 Townsend St (Metro @ Showplace Square Garage)
- Public Safety officers provide security escort service to nearby locations.
- There are a limited number of "blue" parking spaces (designated for use with disabled placards/license plates) near campus.
- Due to the construction of our new campus facilities and the move of our Oakland-based facilities to San Francisco, the paid parking lot behind the main building is gone. And we no longer have use of the 80 Carolina parking lot (with the exception of two blue spaces).
Please check the lodging booking sites below for locations near CCA.
Although Bay Area lodging may be offered at premium prices, discounts and/or package deals may periodically become available and will be noted above.