Saturday, November 20, 2021
In Fall 2021, we returned to campus to celebrate our history, culture, and community with a day of festivities after over a year of being remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Guests enjoyed food, live music, and open studios in addition to shopping handmade goods from alumni, students, faculty, and staff at the Holiday Fair.
To celebrate CCA’s 100 years on the Oakland campus, the Oakland Campus Legacy Committee launched the Legacy Print Project entitled A Garden Campus. In collaboration with alum and faculty emeritus Thomas Wojak and ten faculty artists, they are producing an edition of ten prints, each one representing a decade of CCA on the Oakland campus. The special exhibition in the Isabelle Percy West Gallery featured the first three prints alongside ephemera from the CCA/C archives. Prints are available by donation here and all proceeds benefit Oakland Campus Legacy programming.
Homecoming festivities included:
- Holiday Fair on the main thoroughfare
- Food Trucks at Macky Lawn
- Student showcases in Ceramics and Jewelry & Metal Arts
- Sculpture Mobile Collab: Bring an object or artwork to build and balance into a collective whole, or assemble something that day. Materials will be provided.
- Water based Monotype Workshop with faculty emeritus Thomas Wojak (MFA Printmaking 1992)
- The Delta Wires featuring alum Ernie Pinata on Martinez Patio
- Metal Casting Demo with program chair Curtis Arima (BFA Individualized Studies 1998)
Design by Dylan Spangler (BFA Graphic Design 2022)