Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Task Force (DEIBTF) was established by the college as the action arm for DEIB efforts. The charge of the DEIBTF is to develop and implement activities that foster a community-wide understanding of diversity and inclusion, and support ongoing growth towards cultural competence, including cultural literacy and cultural fluency across all aspects of the college.
DEIBTF core members include:
- Tricia Brand, Vice President, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Maira Lazdins, Associate Vice President, Human Resources
- Janeece Hayes, Director, Student Belonging & Inclusion
- Adriana Lopez Lobovits, Director, President's Office
- Omer Minhas, Director, Institutional Research
The work is ongoing and evolving. Some of the accomplishments of the DEIBTF include:
- Select and implement the DiversityEdu training for all faculty, staff and students
- Implement the Oregon State University “search advocate” training for mitigating bias in the hiring process for ranked faculty searches
- Develop and offer workshops for faculty and staff to continue the conversations initiated through DiversityEdu
- Revise and update the Cultural Competence Commitments + Goals
- Explore restorative/transformative justice models at other higher education institutions and organizations to support the college’s work around the DEIB framework and offer guidance to new leadership in this area
DiversityEdu is a training resource required of all faculty and staff. If you have not yet completed the course and wish to be added to the training site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.