Equity Advancement Council (EAC)
The Equity Advancement Council (EAC) serves as a leadership and recommending body to the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging and the Senior Cabinet, and liaisons with their colleagues and units/programs across the college. The EAC will work closely with vice president to help to prioritize and implement CCA's DEIB goals.
The EAC brings together a diverse group of leaders from various areas of the college with a charge to steer the priorities, action planning, and metrics for the success of college-wide integration of DEIB. More specifically, the Council's responsibilities include:
- Adopting Guiding Principles and Strategies: The EAC will articulate guiding principles and develop strategies to drive intentional and impactful practices in our pursuit of equity and inclusion.
- Establish Annual Priorities: Informed by CCA’s Strategic Plan, the EAC will establish annual priorities, discuss organizational strategies, and identify the necessary resources to continuously improve DEIB efforts at the program, department, and division levels, with our collective leadership guiding the way.
- Recognizing DEIB Excellence: We aim to acknowledge the points of pride and innovation within CCA, which serve as sources for learning and cultural transformation in pedagogy, policy, practices, and processes.
- Coordinating Our Vision: In alignment with data and emergent recommendations, the EAC can influence a collective and coordinated vision for CCA, while supporting multiple approaches for local implementation.
- Tricia Brand, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Shiraz Chavan, Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
- George Luis Sedano, Vice President, Student Affairs
- ShawnJ West, Director, Graduate Affairs & Community Engagement
- Genevieve Hyacinthe, Associate Professor, History of Art and Visual Culture Program
- Irene Cheng, Associate Professor, Graduate Architecture Program
- Shylah Hamilton, Associate Professor, Critical Ethnic Studies
- TT Takemoto, Dean, Humanities and Sciences Division
- Janeece Hayes, Director, Student Belonging & Inclusion
- Leigh Sata, Vice President, Operations and Capital Projects
- Nelson Chan, Assistant Professor, Photography Program
- Adriana Lopez Lobovits, Director, President's Office
- Maira Lazdins, Vice President, Human Resources