Cast Your Vote: SFMTA Explores New Dogpatch Route for Muni 55
Posted September 13, 2018, 10:06 AM
Updated September 13, 2018, 10:22 AM
SFMTA identified a set of three alternative routes and service plans for a new 55-Dogpatch route. These alternatives respond to the most salient and frequent feedback received through an extensive outreach phase. The alternatives will be brought to the community for input during the second phase of outreach for the Dogpatch-Potrero Hill 16th Street Connection planning process.
CCA is endorsing Route B, based on the following factors:
- Connect 16th Street Bart Corridor, CCA SF Campus and Third Street MFA Studios @ 2345 Third Street
- Enhance connections from the SF Campus to the MFA Studios
- Connect SF Campus and MFA Studios directly to CalTrain
- Requires only moderate on-street parking removal to implement new route
The SFMTA found that most respondents desire the following from a Muni route that will replace the segment of the 22-Fillmore, which currently provides service in Dogpatch and Potrero Hill neighborhoods:
- A direct and frequent route through the neighborhoods
- A route that connects the Dogpatch and Potrero Hill neighborhoods to other Muni lines, 16th Street BART, and 22nd Street Caltrain
- A route that connects to neighborhood destinations such as grocery stores and commercial areas
- A route that connects to community destinations on some of Potrero Hill’s steepest areas
While not all the alternatives meet each of the community priorities outlined above, all priorities are reflected in at least one of the alternatives presented to the community for a choice of preference. Review the proposed routes carefully, and cast your vote today.
This is often an outcome of conflicting priorities and guiding principles, such as a route that prioritizes directness versus prioritizing connecting to as many neighborhood destinations as possible, or a route that serves steep areas in the area versus one that meets Muni’s operational criteria. Read the full report.